LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cant wait to get my goat and get out there with some of you guys.

Just seeing how everyone did.

·
Registered
470 Posts
13.8 at 103mph with the slicks I purchased today. 60' time of 2.11, with much less wheel hop. I will definitely begin the mod fest this winter as the companies come out with new aftermarket parts.

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
chargedGTO said:
13.8 at 103mph with the slicks I purchased today. 60' time of 2.11, with much less wheel hop. I will definitely begin the mod fest this winter as the companies come out with new aftermarket parts.
thats with the magnacharger?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Congrats on getting into the 13's ChargedGTO! This is the Silver Audi Guy from last week. Track surface was really cold IMO. Best I could get was a 1.9 60 foot, so your 2.11 is good under the conditions. Can't believe how many people came out, I saw you car but didn't get a chance to say hi!

Pete

PS - I got my 12, albeit a [email protected] oh well next year I guess..

·
Registered
469 Posts
Congrats on the 13 -- that's an awesome time up here!

Is that with the standard SC pulley?

chargedGTO said:

·
Here for the Gangbang
2,332 Posts
Congratulations, Jeff! The track conditions definitely were not conducive for personal bests.

I did my damnedest, though. Got three runs in - [email protected], 15.3[email protected], and finally, a [email protected] The ironic thing is that I got my best run of the night - and only 2/100ths off of my personal best - by not launching the car. I left just above idle and still spun, but the car gripped much sooner.

I got approached by a couple of people after my first run, saying that they'd just seen me. I started to brake-torque on the first yellow, and started spinning the rears right there at the line. :sneaky: When I did the same thing on my second run, I knew it wasn't the kind of night for aggressive launches.

Ran with a half tank of gas in the rear end, too. Tipped the scales at 3945.

Still bone stock... I know the car would have broken into the 14s last night if it has been just a little warmer. All in all, though, it was still a good time.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Yes, my car is running the standard magnacharger 6-7 pound sea level pulley so up here I'm lucky to get five pounds of boost. I was talking to a guy that had one of those wx computers and it said that the air density at Bandimere last night was 7000ft, and the temprature was 54f versus 52f last week, but I'm sure the density altitude was higher last week. All'n all happy to break into the 13's, feathered the clutch around 1900 to 2100 rpm and through the night the drag radials hooked up even better. Thanx for the congrats guys.

·
Registered Goat Abuser
3,350 Posts
goatwrx said:
Just seeing how everyone did.
So so runs for me… :rolleyes:

The track was like ice with these all-season tires :banghead:

And I do not think the open cone did anything for me

·
Registered
118 Posts
Is Band Open 10/13 or Season Over?

Hey, hey, Do you know if the track is open or closed for season? By the way, very good improvment!!!

chargedGTO said:

·
Here for the Gangbang
2,332 Posts
October 6th was the last Wednesday night T&T until spring.

Other tracks, like Second Creek, are open for some events during the fall and winter months, but Bandimere is not. PMI in Pueblo generally opens earlier in the spring than Bandi, but I wouldn't recommend that track to anyone.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts