LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
CowboyLaker
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just joined this site today so excuse me if this has already been answered.
my car was produced on 5-10 and was wondering on recently delivered cars how long after production did it take

·
Growing up is an option
17,296 Posts
well, i haven't gotten mine yet but it appears to be about 60-90 days. after production it has to get prepped at the dock in Oz and wait a while for a ship. then it's about 17-19 days across the pond. i guess unloading takes a few days and it has to be prepped at the docks again, getting the spoiler installed and such. it has to then wait for a ride on a train and then wait for a ride on the transport truck that takes it to the dealer. details may be wrong but it's something like that. it's been 70 days for me so far but who's counting :) <<<GNASHING OF TEETH>>> WHERE'S MY GOAT!

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
my TPW was supposed to be like the last week of april. my car is due may 26. so that is about a month. but i am expecting it to be late. so we will see.

·
Registered
141 Posts
ekoihc said:
I just joined this site today so excuse me if this has already been answered.
my car was produced on 5-10 and was wondering on recently delivered cars how long after production did it take
TPW'd 04Mar2004, car arrived 17May2004, ~73days
Alot depends on the cycle of the boats, I got lucky, mine was produced and made the boat for 12Mar2004...sometimes they sit for 2-3 weeks before getting picked up by the boat....

·
Growing up is an option
17,296 Posts
i'm not trying to jinx your ride GTOdriver7 but with a swim of almost 3 weeks and i read somewhere that it can take just short of a week to unload the ship, a month would be extremely optimistic. i think 60 days is pretty close to a perfect journey.

·
Premium Member
8,773 Posts
You guys are forgetting U.S. Customs inspections.
This is one of the holdups :(

·
Growing up is an option
17,296 Posts
yeah, that is probably the week or so getting off the ship and ready for the rails

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
svede1212 said:
i'm not trying to jinx your ride GTOdriver7 but with a swim of almost 3 weeks and i read somewhere that it can take just short of a week to unload the ship, a month would be extremely optimistic. i think 60 days is pretty close to a perfect journey.
its ok, ive been telling myself the whole time to expect it to be late. so its not like i plan on knocking at the dealer door at 7am on the 26. actually i wouldnt mind too much if it was late. i could put more summer miles on the old car and maybe wait to see what incentives come to blow out the 04s. there are positives to either scenario.

·
Registered
541 Posts
2 and 3/4 months

That is what mine took-- Feb. 23 TPW to delivery on May 18 = 2 months, 3 weeks. Not good.
Car is great, worth the wait, but TOOK TOO LONG. Boat ride was 19 days, no problem with that, but it's the rest of the trip that's killing us--- waiting around in the rail yard, etc. etc. Good luck...

·
PC load letter?
236 Posts
ekoihc - I waited 8 months for my goat. From order to delivery (2 days ago) it was 8 months, 6 days. Some waited longer, but now you should realistically expect an ordered GTO within 90 days. Mine took about 86 days from TPW to get delivered to the dealer. Just remember, the waiting is all relative. You think 2 months is forever? try 8 or 9 months. Some guys on here waited a year or more for it. Either way, let me just say that unless you're use to owning Mercedes and Ferraris, you'll love it and it's worth the wait.

·
Registered
392 Posts
ekoich, Sept.TPW. GTO arrived 2-13-04 @ dealers. It got lost in "THE BENICIA PORT BLACK HOLE". Then a rim got damaged. GM lost the car... What a mess. I'm in Ca. to
only 2 1/2 hrs. away from Benicia... GTO nick name "Finding Nemo"... Hope yours goes better, as GM gets some experience. COSMO

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
well i just got an update from my salesman. they just got in a GTO that was supposed to be in AFTER mine. so thats sort of enouraging.

·
www.thirdgentech.com
739 Posts
GTOdriver7 said:
well i just got an update from my salesman. they just got in a GTO that was supposed to be in AFTER mine. so thats sort of enouraging.
The manager and I are scratching our heads on this one! We have a Yellow M6 and your car due. Hopefully they will arrive by 5/26 as promised by Pontiac.

·
Registered
18 Posts
My TPW was 24 MAR 04, Car produced 30 MAR 04, on the boat 19 APR 04, processed in Benicia on May 14 & shipped on May 18 via truck to San Diego & rec'd on May 20 at John Hines Motors.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts