LS1GTO Forums banner

How Many Have Scraped There Bumpers?

1K views 39 replies 35 participants last post by  JUDGE THIS 
#1 ·
Im So Careful Going Up Driveways And Such But To No Avail I Looked At The Underside Of My Bumper And Holy Sheet.looks Like Crap Made Me Want To Throw Up.is It Just Me Or Is The Price We Pay For Driving A Car Like This?

#5 ·
Jeff R said:
A better question would be "Who hasn't scraped their bumper?"

or... who has scraped their bumper less than 10 times?

I just bought the SAP front for my torrid red to cover what I have done.

#6 ·
I Dont Feel So Bad Now, Still I Hate Looking At It Even Tho No One Sees It I Know Its There.anal I Guess.

#8 ·
Supprising, I've never scraped mine, but I also tend to park 1-2 ft from the parking curbs.

#9 ·
I scraped mine on a curb pulling into a parking spot, if that wasn't bad enough when it came back off the curb it got the front edge on the bottom..very visible. The only good thing about this was while it was in the body shop I had them get rid of the front license plate bracket and all the stone chips.

#11 ·
Yes, Father, I have scraped.

#12 ·
Yes & No, In 41 years of driving I have never scraped the bottom of the bumper on any of the cars I had. However, the used 2004 GTO that I bought looks like the previous owner used the front bumper as a road grader, there are hundreds scraches, gouges, and in some places it is down to the black material that the bumper is made of. But, the good news is you can't see any of this unless you crawl under the car. The rest of the car is in mint condition and only had 8000 miles on it when I bought it in May

#13 ·
05GoatinIndy said:
Supprising, I've never scraped mine, but I also tend to park 1-2 ft from the parking curbs.
Same here

#15 ·
I've scraped mine a few times also. I can't imagine anyone who really drives their goat not too. Parking stops, dips, speed humps, steep pitch driveways it'll happen sooner or later.

I've got the MidwestPd front splitter on now so hopefully it'll prevent the auto-drive paint removal.

#17 ·
I have'nt scrapped my bumper either. I stay away from parking curbs and am aware of dips in driveways.....

#20 ·
Got mine scraped. When I was coming into my drive way at an angle (so not to scape the exhaust, my driveway is has a nice incline) went up on the border block (not paying attention).

#21 ·
The wife's is scraped like 2 grit sand paper was used, gets to me evreytime I wash it.

She dosen't understand why I park 6" from a curb with mine.

And for those of you who are wondering, NOPE I have learned to keep my mouth shut about it and all the little door dings her County employee coworkers are so kind to donate - for free no less!

#22 ·
scraped mine 3 times that I know of, scraped all to hell, so then it hits me, why is it painted body color under there ? When I take the front off my car to do some work I am going to masking tape that bottom part and spray on 3M under body coating. no more bullshit :D

#23 ·
a parking stub more than scraped my bumper, it ripped it the flop off

#25 ·
Mine got torn off too from a parking curb. Restaurant owner where it happened had his insurance pick up the replacement costs........over $900. The new bumper is attached MUCH better than the OEM one. Guess they figured out the OEM attachment wasn't that good. BTW, if anyone has any "dings" they want to get out contact Dent Wizard. I had two small ones, on the passenger fender, one on top (looked like a mechanic dropped a wrench or something on it) and another right above the wheelwell. Guy took about 30 minutes and charged me $100 bucks. You cannot tell they were ever there. I even took my truck to him the next day to get a ding out of rear cab door.

JET

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.