LS1GTO Forums banner

41 - 60 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
2006 GTO C.G.M. 6 spd., h-pipe, flowmaster mufflers, DSS 1000 1 pc. Driveshaft
165 Posts
Lol. Headlights is my guess. I have the same ones. Not a bad looking set of Headlights... I bet that car moves out man.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Lol. Headlights is my guess. I have the same ones. Not a bad looking set of Headlights... I bet that car moves out man.
yes and yes. Scares me sometimes to the point where I just put it on 6psi and then rip it like that. with the.stock engine it ran 11.10 at 128 on 10-11 psi (it would level out at 10 and surge a little on the shift). I'm on 20psi now and itll surge 22-24 on the 2-3 shift.
6psi now feels like 10 psi did on the stock engine. it would probably run mid 11's on 6 psi. Hoping next outing will produce at least a low 10 sec pass. My goal once i get it dialed in is 9.90 @ 138-140mph.

·
Registered
2006 GTO C.G.M. 6 spd., h-pipe, flowmaster mufflers, DSS 1000 1 pc. Driveshaft
165 Posts
Jeez. Thats fast lol. I couldn't imagine a low 11 second car let alone a high 9 second car. I've never drag raced myself. I'd like to one day.

·
Worthless reject member
41,724 Posts
my car trapped almost 126 before it died. it was n/a, not turbo, but even then i can say it's something that does end up feeling slow after you get used to it. you just want more.

·
Administrator
8,452 Posts
Those spyders...

...twitch.

·
Is that FWD?
1,140 Posts
Also, here is engine bay shot.

Reactions: EZ28

·
Registered
223 Posts
I'm a fan of older unreliable GM cars in general so my GTO has fit right into my stable. I do wish someone would make a decent set of repros of the factory lights or at least the lenses like they do for the C6s.
PXL_20201013_034156505.MP.jpg

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
I'm a fan of older unreliable GM cars in general so my GTO has fit right into my stable. I do wish someone would make a decent set of repros of the factory lights or at least the lenses like they do for the C6s. View attachment 504926
Yea I agree. My Spyders (well they aren’t actually spyders) actually fit well and put out as much light or more than my 19 Silverado led lights and definitely put out more than my 17 Silverado hid lights. I like a lot of light on the road and the factory ones weren’t cutting it. I tried multiple bulbs. They were a little foggy on the inside and then I tinted them. Maybe I’ll try something else in them sooner or later. I know some are gonna hate me for this, but I actually like the led halos. I think it looks meaner. And I’m 110% anti rice.

on a side note, one of my leds died in my fogs so I tried out some “iron wall” led bulbs that have led chips 360 degree around and they are pretty damn awesome to say the least. They have a halogen like pattern and are bright as hell. FYI for you light junkies. Try out the 360 degree bulbs.

·
Pontiac Fanboy
1,216 Posts

·
Administrator
8,452 Posts

·
Pontiac Fanboy
1,216 Posts
Reactions: JiggilyJoe

·
Administrator