LS1GTO Forums banner

61 - 80 of 108 Posts

·
Fly Eagles Fly
816 Posts
I wouldnt be surprised if only 15k were left. We started with roughly 41k. These get totalled and parted out a ton.
I think that you are spot on. I’m thinking 10k still on the road and 5k stored away and/or made into race cars.

Reactions: Abs

·
Registered
2006 GTO C.G.M. 6 spd., h-pipe, flowmaster mufflers, DSS 1000 1 pc. Driveshaft
165 Posts
I forgot to post what Haggerty replied back. They said to contact GM that they should have an idea. I haven't yet.

·
Administrator
8,452 Posts
Waste of time. GM isn’t going to have a clue about how many GTO’s are left on the road.

The only way you’d even get close to an answer is to be able to get registration data from each state.

·
Registered
165 Posts
True. Who knows really I guess.

·
Administrator
20,482 Posts
There are some paid-for tools out there where you can have access to vehicle registrations. Dont know of any free ones.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Drove mine to a car show this past weekend. Didn't enter it, just decided to drive it there. I had 3 people with cars that actually were in the show asking all kinds of questions about it. One was trying to buy it off me. All 3 were talking about how rare they are now

·
Registered
4 Posts
I bought my 06 CGM M6 new in the closeout sale in 07. Bone stock with 19K on the clock. It’s been sleeping a lot the last 5 years.

·
IKSWHTASOL
2,224 Posts
Still have my '05 with 23,000 miles.
GTO Exterior.jpg
GTO Interior 2.jpg

·
Pontiac Fanboy
1,216 Posts
I enjoy seeing these low mileage examples still taken care of out there, especially with red seats that are in way better shape than mine.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I agree with the seats. I had to put leathersseats.com covers on mine, I like them good quality for the price... However i would kill for excellent factory covers.

·
The Entenmann's Shim-Sham
12,231 Posts
I still have the original seat covers in mine. There is some wear on the driver's seat bolster, but overall, not bad for 76,000 miles and 15 years.

61 - 80 of 108 Posts