LS1GTO Forums banner

81 - 100 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
2006 GTO C.G.M. 6 spd., h-pipe, flowmaster mufflers, DSS 1000 1 pc. Driveshaft
165 Posts
Mine in the rear was like beaf jerky. Driver was split down the side bolster.

·
Joe
2,370 Posts
I still have mine. Got her brand new in March-2007. After I leave this world, plan to have my adult children sell it on the 2050 Barrett-Jackson Auction! LOL!

Been a while since I drove her.
Last significant ride/show was to the 2017 POCI Convention in Fort Worth Texas. Got 'Most Outstanding' award.
Since that show, only put on 289 miles. She now has 11,847 miles on the ticker.

Here is a link to the pictures where she was last detailed by Tropicare-Steve (now Showroom FX) for the POCI Convention.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/3WBltVY5oRtKvjfu1

·
Registered
165 Posts
Man that thing is absolutely gorgeous!

·
Registered
2006 Pontiac GTO
114 Posts
I still have mine. Got her brand new in March-2007. After I leave this world, plan to have my adult children sell it on the 2050 Barrett-Jackson Auction! LOL!

Been a while since I drove her.
Last significant ride/show was to the 2017 POCI Convention in Fort Worth Texas. Got 'Most Outstanding' award.
Since that show, only put on 289 miles. She now has 11,847 miles on the ticker.

Here is a link to the pictures where she was last detailed by Tropicare-Steve (now Showroom FX) for the POCI Convention.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/3WBltVY5oRtKvjfu1
that's pretty cool, original owner and that low miles!

I bought mine in 2018 with 42k on it, it has around 52k now. I think I drove it the same you did but it took you 15 years, lol.

·
The Entenmann's Shim-Sham
12,231 Posts
Mine in the rear was like beaf jerky. Driver was split down the side bolster.
I was fortunate where my rear seats split while under warranty, so GM replaced them.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I bought mine in 2007 with the intension of using it as a summer / nice weather car. Well things change and so I've had to drive it year round the past 9 years. In that time I've racked up a few bumps and bruises, split leather, underside rust, and 216K miles. Just a couple months ago I was finally in a position to get a winter vehicle in the form of a manual JL Wrangler. Now I'll finally be able to give the GTO some TLC and fix things up, but I've enjoyed every mile I put on it. It may not be as pristine as some of these awesome low mileage examples, but it is priceless to me.

Reactions: AFAMET and zech912

·
Registered
165 Posts
At least your enjoying it man. I think its better to get one with not to low of mileage and a small amount of owners thats in good shape so you don't feel guilty driving it. Just enjoy keeping it nice and driving it.

·
Joe
2,370 Posts
I bought mine in 2007 with the intension of using it as a summer / nice weather car. Well things change and so I've had to drive it year round the past 9 years. In that time I've racked up a few bumps and bruises, split leather, underside rust, and 216K miles. Just a couple months ago I was finally in a position to get a winter vehicle in the form of a manual JL Wrangler. Now I'll finally be able to give the GTO some TLC and fix things up, but I've enjoyed every mile I put on it. It may not be as pristine as some of these awesome low mileage examples, but it is priceless to me.
I truly understand. When I was 21, I bought a brand new 1977 Olds Cutlass S with a 403 V8, black/red pin stripes, with red interior, factory mags with raised white letter tires. A real head-turner for the time. In Pittsburgh she was garaged kept and driven on weekends, took PAT Bus to work downtown.

Fast forward to 1984-1991, with a young family now in the Dallas area, she had to be driven daily because my wife & I both worked for us and our two young ones. We loved that car. Had to trade her in because of her breaking down, with 121k miles on her ticker in 1991. She was alive in Fort Worth back in 2009 and that owner got rid of her, don't know if she is still alive or not.

Please keep yours forever!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks for the courage! After seeing all the garage queen pix I was undecided whether to come out of lurking. No longer shamed to report I still DD my bought new '05 IBM M6 with 170K plus miles b/c it sure looks like it. I put new shoes & struts on last week though.

Currently on a list for a '21 C8, but will have likely have at least a year to keep "goat riding" with current intentions to hang on to it if the stars align & I get the C8.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Up here in Alaska, I've only seen like 5 different cars within the past 5 years. Still got my 04 IBM M6 with a little over 100k on it. It's not as pretty as one above, but I still love it. I belong to a ride share group that gives us a vehicle to drive, but come summer time, I DD my car. I sometimes think about trading it in on something newer, but once spring comes around, I start her back up and fall in love with the sound all over again.

·
Registered
43 Posts
@JDrobycki @2006GTOCGM -- that is the idea, keep it for as long as I can but enjoy driving it. With the Jeep now able to take winter duty, I can focus more on body & rust repair instead of just regular maintenance.
@Scorpion -- I actually bought the car with 76K miles in 2007, so the previous owner was not afraid to drive it either. I figured I am not getting a garage queen to begin with. I just hoped to keep it out of the salt & winter, but life changes and you make do the best you can. With a couple sandbags in the trunk and good winter tires, I got around just fine. With traction control off that LSD would just claw its way up inclines. It was not pretty or graceful doing so, but I did pass other cars stuck on the side going up some nicely covered hills.

·
wut?
482 Posts
I still have mine. She's got 85k on the clock give or take, driver side & rear seat backs are getting the usual stitch splitting. She still looks good, just aging since she's on the east coast & daily driven spring-fall.

Edit: I actually flirted with selling mine this year but decided against it.

·
Registered
51 Posts
She’s no garage queen, I saved this one from being parted and smashed. The RK sport bumper is going bye bye and a garage full of parts will slowly make their way on lol.
I wish I had pics of my old PBM but I’m not having any luck.
It’s nice to see the forum still alive after so many years away.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Imo. Better alive than dead!

·
Registered
422 Posts
this thread gets a little more traffic than mine. my car has a salvage title and a terrible rework on the passenger quarter panel. worth the time/effort to replace? found one 4hrs away at a parts company $350.

Edit: im going to do it. Might be stockpiled in the basement for a while but hope to get to it eventually. Car needs a repaint anyways

·
Registered
51 Posts
this thread gets a little more traffic than mine. my car has a salvage title and a terrible rework on the passenger quarter panel. worth the time/effort to replace? found one 4hrs away at a parts company $350.

Edit: im going to do it. Might be stockpiled in the basement for a while but hope to get to it eventually. Car needs a repaint anyways
In after edit... Yes. lol.

I lurk more than I post but I’ve taken a look at your build thread. How are you liking the Mav-man coils?

·
Registered
422 Posts
In after edit... Yes. lol.

I lurk more than I post but I’ve taken a look at your build thread. How are you liking the Mav-man coils?
I like them with zero complaints. I could tell a difference between full stiff/soft on the adjustable clicker. Time will tell how they hold up though (my car is a dd in the winter too).

Other than saving the money at the time id go BC (only $200 more now than when i was looking).

I liked the lovells springs i tried too, a little smoother spring rate but i didnt have the time/effort to do the koni cartridges.

·
My other car is a Cadillac
288 Posts
Still have mine. Purchased in June 2007 with 18k miles, has 96k now. Might be selling soon, recently picked up a 2012 CTS-V coupe.

81 - 100 of 108 Posts