LS1GTO.com Forums banner

61 - 80 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
21,503 Posts
Married at 28. She was 28. 8 years and 3 boys later I won;t have it any other wa,..

Married, I was 25 and she was 23.... been married 19 years and have 4 kids. Can't imagine my life any different.

My only regrets are time wasted at work and not staying in shape.
looks like I am in the same boat..

:lol:

I wanted kids early so we could still be young when they are grown and on their own. A second life, so to speak.

However, kids today don't seem to ever leave their parents, so that backfired...
oh boy :lol:

·
Administrator
13,113 Posts
I was 24.5 and she was 24. Been married 27 years now.

Two boys over 21.

·
The Anti-Product
7,870 Posts
Married in March. I'm 26, she was 25, turned 26 the following week.

No chillin's.

·
Pirate Spud
1,241 Posts
Almost 29, no kids and never married. I'm in no rush as I look at how miserable my peers are with kids at this age. I'd like to have a kid by 36ish.
While they may appear miserable, I guarantee if you asked them they wouldn't have it any other way.

Kids are by far the most difficult and most rewarding thing you can do in life.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
While they may appear miserable, I guarantee if you asked them they wouldn't have it any other way.

Most say they are happy they have kids but that they'd rather have waited until they were more established in life. I get the exact opposite opinion from my older coworkers who waited until the early thirties to have kids.

I like my dads plan, he had me at 38. I was out of the house just as he hit an early retirement.

·
Registered
21,503 Posts

Couldn't have said it any better way..

·
16,334 Posts
Never considered kids difficult...guess so used to havingbthem, just normal. I will say there are things you would not understand until you're a parent though...sort of like addiction, if you've never experienced it firsthand, you would never understand it fully.

·
Beer Geek
3,738 Posts
I remember the summer my high school classmates got married.

Three years later my phone started ringing, recently divorced hot chicks with young children and a different point of view on what makes a man desirable.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I was 33, she was 29. It will be 43 years in August. No kids by choice, so we didn't have to send Billy Bob to college.We 've been retired for 21 1/2 years.

·
Pirate Spud
1,241 Posts
Most say they are happy they have kids but that they'd rather have waited until they were more established in life. I get the exact opposite opinion from my older coworkers who waited until the early thirties to have kids.

I like my dads plan, he had me at 38. I was out of the house just as he hit an early retirement.
Yeah, there is no perfect time to have a kid, you just have to do it. I was 31 when my kid was born and I have definitely had times where I wished I didn't wait so long. I can also see how 27yr old me would have wished I waited.

You just have to do it.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I married 8 days out of high school....been married for 43 years 1 month and 15 days..
3 hoodlums and 6 grand hoodlums. I have Chillruns older than most of you lol...

I'm old but damn Vic is REALLY old... :lol:

Congrats to ya brother!!

·
Registered Offender
32,473 Posts
its having to spend more money on damn clothes:lol:

·
Porch Dick
20,242 Posts
To the guys saying their one regret was not staying in shape, what specifically about it causes regret? Is it health issues that come home to roost once you get older?
Getting in to shape is much, much harder than staying in shape.

I'm 5 years removed from running a marathon, but now running a mile is a daunting proposition. You can have kids and stay in shape, it is just a matter of what you're going to cut out to make time for it. My kids are my favorite use of my personal time, so I'm not taking it from there. Working on my MBA, moving in to a new house, launching a business, and such have taken priority, too.

I *feel* much better when I'm in shape, so I guess my regret would be not figuring out a way - regarding both time and motivation - to stay in better shape. Whirlwind last 5 months of 2017 coming up. Plan to get back on it in 2018.

·
Ihanin kaikista
19,057 Posts
I was 33, she was 29. It will be 43 years in August. No kids by choice, so we didn't have to send Billy Bob to college.We 've been retired for 21 1/2 years.
:hail:

·
DW can't take a J... or a D
2,186 Posts
Getting in to shape is much, much harder than staying in shape.

I'm 5 years removed from running a marathon, but now running a mile is a daunting proposition. You can have kids and stay in shape, it is just a matter of what you're going to cut out to make time for it. My kids are my favorite use of my personal time, so I'm not taking it from there. Working on my MBA, moving in to a new house, launching a business, and such have taken priority, too.

I *feel* much better when I'm in shape, so I guess my regret would be not figuring out a way - regarding both time and motivation - to stay in better shape. Whirlwind last 5 months of 2017 coming up. Plan to get back on it in 2018.
Yeah, that. I'm 4 years out from having been able to do triathlons without dying, and being able to knock out a ten mile run on a whim. Life got busy from me from a career standpoint and not kids (which can be just as bad), and now I'm busting my balls trying to get back into shape. It was a lot easier to do before. In retrospect, wouldn't have been that hard to keep an hour a few times a week to keep in shape, but the priorities just weren't there.

·
Not a Mustank Douche
10,043 Posts
Married at 22, she was 23. Next month will be 18 years. 2 kids, 19 and 15. 'Hopefully' they will be out by the time we retire lol

+11ty to wishing I had stayed in shape, it's a lot harder as you get older.

61 - 80 of 89 Posts