LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
2004 Torrid Red GTO
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just filled up my car with premium (91 octane in So. CA) and paid $39.90 for a full tank (about 15.5 galons). How are you guys fairing on gas prices? Personally, I'm a little miffed...I'm used to paying $30 or so to fill my old Camaro. :banghead:

·
Big Daddy Says
1,992 Posts
RedThunder said:
I just filled up my car with premium (91 octane in So. CA) and paid $39.90 for a full tank (about 15.5 galons). How are you guys fairing on gas prices? Personally, I'm a little miffed...I'm used to paying $30 or so to fill my old Camaro. :banghead:
i went from the Tahoe...she has it now... 30 gal tank...avg $2.00 for 87 to the goat 18 gal tank avg 2.23 for 91 so i feel your pain...

·
ya im french what of it !
800 Posts
im in cali to and its $2.57 a gallon for 91 here...but bottem line is our cars are not made for gas milage.

if you want great gas milage get a honda or something

·
That's Got A V6 Right?
303 Posts
2.26 a gal for 92.

·
Rear Seat Delete Builder
4,000 Posts
Will milage improve as soon as the car is broken in? I have 600 miles only on my car.

·
That's Got A V6 Right?
303 Posts
I'm at 6700 and mileage has been about the same throughout. I haven't noticed any change so far.

·
Odd Man Out
276 Posts
$41.00 to feed the Goat! Premium is $2.60 per gallon right now 'round these parts. I've been driving my old Sebring a lot because the gas is so expensive for the GTO. If the MPG meter is accurate, it has been getting a little better. I'm up to 700 miles, working through my third tank of gas. At first it was around 15-16 mpg with the first tank (maybe the dealer filled it up with 87), now it is up to 18-19. Hopefully Mobil 1 and a K&N air filter will at least get me to 20 mpg.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
ArlingtonGoat said:
2.26 a gal for 92.
What brand do you use? I tend to stick with Chevron or Union 76.
:drink::drink:

·
Wooohooo
3,381 Posts
ekoihc said:
2.63 ifor shell v-power
$1.96 Shell v power here yesterday. SOmetimes south Texas isnt quite so bad when I see what the rest of you are paying for fuel.

·
That's Got A V6 Right?
303 Posts
Tails said:
What brand do you use? I tend to stick with Chevron or Union 76.
:drink::drink:
2.26 is Shell. I can get Safeway for about 2.10 for 92 might be more or less now has been a while since i have been there.

·
Upstairs in the basement
396 Posts
I had to stop in PA today and Sunoco 94 was 2.23 and 93 was 2.13. What the hell, its only another 1.50 more for the good stuff by the time the tank is full.

When I got back over to NJ it was like 1.96 for 93.

·
duh
1,214 Posts
Too much! :gr_jest:

·
23 psi
510 Posts
93 Octane is running high 2.1X here in southeastern michigan.

·
Former Goatherder
658 Posts
$2.13 for premium in Beckley, was $2.03 by work. Usually about $30 depending on how soon I fill it up.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
2.57 a gal for the generic 91 here in San Jose. Thank you very much state lawmakers!

·
Registered
113 Posts
For crying out loud.....you bought a GOAT. Quit complaining about the price of gas. How many here looked at the sticker and thought, "man that MPG is low I wonder if it's PC to buy this car." As for me, if I had to do it all over again I'd buy this car in a heart beat if gas was $10/gallon and all you could purchase was 5 gallons a week. If gas is costing you too much, sell the car and walk!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts