LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone first time posting on here. I was wondering if anyone had trouble with getting the hsv window spoiler to stay on it seems mine is straight and the window is curved so you stick one side and the other side pops up. the company I bought it from is no help they just keep saying use double sided tape but it doesnt work. It's a fiber glass mold hsv window spoiler. I've used multiple types of tape but they are not strong enough last one I have used is 3m vhb wich was the best one so far. I really hope someone can save me haha because we all know how much I paid for it and to paint it haha. Thanks for any help

·
Registered
103 Posts
Hi everyone first time posting on here. I was wondering if anyone had trouble with getting the hsv window spoiler to stay on it seems mine is straight and the window is curved so you stick one side and the other side pops up. the company I bought it from is no help they just keep saying use double sided tape but it doesnt work. It's a fiber glass mold hsv window spoiler. I've used multiple types of tape but they are not strong enough last one I have used is 3m vhb wich was the best one so far. I really hope someone can save me haha because we all know how much I paid for it and to paint it haha. Thanks for any help
If you could take a picture of it so we can see it. It would help us get a idea how to fix it

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
8,374 Posts
Is it a genuine from JHP, or a knock-off?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry I'm not that savvy with the phone stuff haha . I bought it from a place called tough parts I think a couple years ago I've had my gto since 2012

·
Living the dream!
4,831 Posts
it seems mine is straight and the window is curved so you stick one side and the other side pops up
If the spoiler does not have the curvature built into to match the window, sorry to say, but you're probably outta' luck. No double sided tape will hold too well, especially once it heats & cools a few times. The 3M VHB is my choice if and when I needed a super strong 2-sided tape. If that's not holding, I do not know what else to suggest .....?

·
LS9 FTW
258 Posts
You have to glue down the end tabs and center of the spoiler to the rear glass as shown below with Sikaflex 227. Probably will need to heat it up a bit in the sun prior to achieve curvature when installing.

You can use 3M VHB on the top edges.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I got mine from JHP, which says its the real HSV version. Not made of 'glass either I am pretty sure since mine was smooth on the bottom. It was curved and matched the car perfectly. It came with double stick tape already installed in a channel so it didn't stick up when installed. The tape stuck to the rear edge of the roof, not the window. And it came in the factory colors. Not cheap, but the install was a snap. Now I realized I didn't take and good pictures, so next time it's nice out I'll get some to add, but I found one in which you can see it

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Was hoping for more adhesive options Thank you all so much. I'll try the sika flex and post the results. Thanks again all!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts