LS1GTO.com Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
4,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here's a little write up on the process to get the fbody slave to fit the GTO's. I've noticed a ton of people asking about this, and, since I send the fbody slave with my Premium Monster Clutch kits I figured this would be a good time to break it down for you guys.

Here's the two slave cylinders side by side, as you can see the only differences in these is the main inlet fitting. The fbody uses a quick disconnect style and the GTO uses a screw fitting, follow along and I'll show you how easy it is to swap these out.

Drive this retaining pin out, don't lose the pin! It will be reused when installing the stock fitting.

Seperate the fitting from the slave and keep the new oring.

Here's what the stock GTO setup looks like...

Seperate the line and remove the fitting.

Clean the fitting and install the new oring on the end, then install it into the new slave and drive the pin back in.

New fitting installed on the new slave.

New slave cylinder assembly installed on the transmission.

If you are installing a remote bleeder here is the fitting that allows you to install it.

And here is the remote bleeder installed, the transmission is now ready to go back in!

I hope this helps you guys and gals with the installation. This is a very easy thing to do if you just take your time and follow these steps. I can't stress enough that you must reuse the new oring and not the old oring, if you fail to do this it will leak!

Steve Addison
SNL Performance/Monster Clutch Co.
817-750-2000

·
Banned
4,195 Posts
Thank you!!!

·
Registered
4,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Great! Thanks Steve!

What about the torque on the slave bolts?
To be honest, I do not know that. I torque them hand tight, the bolts more or less just hold the slave in place, they don't bear any type of load.

·
Growing up is an option
17,296 Posts
i can tell you the slave bolts don't take a lot of torque. i stripped one without a huge amount of effort. i just retapped it SAE and put in a bigger bolt.

·
Registered
4,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i can tell you the slave bolts don't take a lot of torque. i stripped one without a huge amount of effort. i just retapped it SAE and put in a bigger bolt.
Agreed. I just do it a bit more than "hand tight".

VERy nice writeup
great job on the write up!
nice write-up! i just kind of winged it when i did mine.
:D
Thanks for the props guys... just trying to help out. :)

·
Is thIs rEd lIght BAD?
385 Posts
i am wantin to say 88in/lbs, which is like 10 or 11 ft/lbs, not much at all though

·
Kinda Stock
6,247 Posts
My Bendix slave came with the spring and throw out bearing separate, how do those attach?

·
Hazard to Society
5,284 Posts
1 - 20 of 110 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.