1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
GR-RRR!
4,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Born in a class 5 hurricane
11,255 Posts
The car was in rough shape, with lots of dings and it looked like bondo in some spots. It apparently sat around in non-running condition for several years.

In the case of this car, the rough edges may actually help the value.

·
GR-RRR!
4,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The rough edges at least contribute to the authenticity. It took quite a while to convince folks it was legit when it first surfaced but apparently the owners eventually succeeded. Though the front bumper looks to have been swapped out for a new one fairly recently.

·
16,239 Posts
Patina is often desirable.

However, this is just plain stupid (3.4 mil for that thing)

·
GR-RRR!
4,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think the story of the Bullit "stunt" car is more interesting. I know it was being restored as of a couple of years ago, don't know whatever became of it in the end though. It was found rotting away in a junkyard in Mexico, it was thought to have been crushed following filming as it was pretty mangled up by then.

And as proud of the cars and the mystique as Ford is about the Bullit cars, I think it is hilarious that the guys who drove the Mustang and the Charger for filming the movie have said a number of times that they had to back off on the gas in the Charger while filming or it would have seriously pulled away from the Mustang as if the 'Stang was nailed to the ground.

·
GR-RRR!
4,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered Offender
32,181 Posts
most recent movie I can think of with the GTO in it was the mechanic remake with Jason statham

·
Registered Offender
32,181 Posts
and the bullit chase is great and all but I really dig the chases in Ronin

·
16,239 Posts
He did remake of The Mechanic (orig Charles Bronson and Jan-Michael Vincent)?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Ok you guys it gaveled at 3.74, how dare you diss the thing like that? I mean 3.4 is way to cheap right? People paying stupid money for crap like that while there are goats starving for new parts....

·
Registered Offender
32,181 Posts
yeah i thought abuot that. it was only like 15 seconds of screen time, though. he did a burnout and then smashed it into a tahoe, lol.
There wasn't a deep pool of water around so that had to do

·
The Entenmann's Shim-Sham
12,099 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts