LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
The battle of wits has begun.
2,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The seat belts were manageable with the stock "lazy boy" seats that the GTO came with. (I'm only 5'8".)

I installed Braum Seats which feel great but the seat belt now rests against my neck. :nonono:

I bought the Braum Seat Belt guides, but since they are made of only leather with no reinforcement the leather stretched and is doing nothing so the seatbelt rests against my neck again. :banghead:

I would like to route the stock front seat belt through the hole in the Braum seat, but I'd like to know how to remove the seatbelts "properly" before I go diving into this project. Or does anyone have a better alternative than removing the seat belt to run it through the seat then reinstall.

Yes, ultimate fix would be to be taller, trust me, I've been trying.

·
Premium Member
36,127 Posts
you need to take off the b pillar covers and the backseat side panels, as well as unbolt them from where they attach to the bottom by the rocker panel. that just has a little rubber cover that pops off and wala, the bolt and the bushing are exposed. don't lose that little bushing. as for the buckles/pretensioners, they come off the seats with an inverse torx bit i think.

·
05 Looks, 04 Slow
1,174 Posts
i think i might get braums for my 04. dey look nice.
I often debate doing it, since I desperately need them reupholstered anyway. I do like having power adjustable seats though.

·
Registered
274 Posts
you need to take off the b pillar covers and the backseat side panels, as well as unbolt them from where they attach to the bottom by the rocker panel. that just has a little rubber cover that pops off and wala, the bolt and the bushing are exposed. don't lose that little bushing. as for the buckles/pretensioners, they come off the seats with an inverse torx bit i think.
E-torx (external torx)
I often debate doing it, since I desperately need them reupholstered anyway. I do like having power adjustable seats though.
These seats are so damn slow though

·
The battle of wits has begun.
2,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:thumbs: Thank you.

I prefer the manual method with locking notches, now I can get my seat in the exact same spot every time I adjust it. (And I don't have to wait an eternity for the seat to move.

OEM seats = 65 lbs
Braum seats are 25 lbs (not including the mounting bracket)

Comfy, look good, weight savings, & cures my OCD for my seating position;
Worth it.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I prefer the manual method with locking notches, now I can get my seat in the exact same spot every time I adjust it. (And I don't have to wait an eternity for the seat to move.

OEM seats = 65 lbs
Braum seats are 25 lbs (not including the mounting bracket)

Comfy, look good, weight savings, & cures my OCD for my seating position;
Worth it.
I want. Stock seats suck "lazy boy" truly is how i would explain them

1 - 10 of 10 Posts