LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know how to enable the tach light that is located in the RPMs??? or is that just a second regular shift light for cags??.... i like to hope its adjustable...

Buler??

·
Can't help ya, Sorry.
14,481 Posts
I'm confused. Are you talking about an aftermarket shift light or is there something built in to the dash that I havent' noticed?

·
Great Lakes Moderator
2,358 Posts
Yeah, on the dash, just below and to the right of the 7 on the tach there is a little dark circle (about 1/4" in diameter). I'm pretty sure that on the GTO promo vid that was online last year it was a shift light...

·
Registered
26 Posts
not real sure about this, BUT, seems like I remember that when I bumped the rev limiter once, that some sort of light came on in the dash; this could be it. If anyone nuts enough to just go out and give it a shot, please re-post the results. Many folks here more knowledgable than I on this.

·
Registered
980 Posts
ylwjaket said:
not real sure about this, BUT, seems like I remember that when I bumped the rev limiter once, that some sort of light came on in the dash; this could be it. If anyone nuts enough to just go out and give it a shot, please re-post the results. Many folks here more knowledgable than I on this.
I had a light yesterday that seemed like a shift light come on between 5000 and 5500 RPMs. This one is above and between the temp gauge and the tach. It was green and did not stay on long. I could not get it to come back on... yet.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so its still a mystery... i have been away from my car for over a month now... i am in texas it is in jersey. so i can't go try things, but i was just wondering if anyone else was able to figure it out... maybe in a couple days someone will read this that knows more about it

·
Member #804
5,539 Posts
I kinda perfer it with the shift light off as is, most new stick cars that shift light comes on way too soon like 2200rpm or so. In a saturn it seams like shift light is always on.

·
GTOholic
1,504 Posts
I have hit the rev limiter a bunch of times. I never saw any kind of light. Then again, I wasn't paying attention to the tach or I wouldn't have hit the rev limiter in the first place.

I have HP Tuner software and I do not recall any way to enable or disable a "tach light."

·
Registered
65 Posts
yourguyry said:
does anyone know how to enable the tach light that is located in the RPMs??? or is that just a second regular shift light for cags??.... i like to hope its adjustable...

Buler??
I have been playing with ls1 edit and in the program they have an option to activate the shift light but i havent tried it and i been wondering the same as you but havent had time to play with it because been busy playing with the idle to getthe car to run good with the new cam installed i just cant understand if it there why doesnt it work ill try to activate later and keep you posted

·
Registered
1 Posts
the judge said:
i tried to get it to work with ls1 edit but it wouldt work sorry
As a wild stab, i would suggest that you might also need a bulb in the hole to light it up :)... anyone daring enough to check and see if there is anything in that spot to be lit up and if not buy the part and then do the ls1edit as well?

:)

James
(joining you from newagegto.com)

·
Registered
188 Posts
With the work computer, I cannot download anything, but....If you go to the appearance section, search for the "lights" post and scroll down, MLC posted a gauge cluster that is showing the lights. Maybe someone can check that out to see if there is a light there..I cannot zoom with these computers..

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
bob_50 said:
With the work computer, I cannot download anything, but....If you go to the appearance section, search for the "lights" post and scroll down, MLC posted a gauge cluster that is showing the lights. Maybe someone can check that out to see if there is a light there..I cannot zoom with these computers..
From what I can see it is there. ..and it's a LED.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts