LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, Just wondering about 05/06 GTO HP #’s after Mods…

When I’m done with Mod’ing:
Shorties, Hi-Flow CATS, Magna Flow, Intake, Plugs/wires, Tune, lite/Mid CAM(w/springs ect…), full lube. (maybe pulley, elec. water pump)
:what can I expect as far as rear wheel horsepower and torque?

thanks in advance :secret:

·
Incognito
1,433 Posts
I still will never understand why people waste their time with shorties, complete waste of time and money. With that setup you should make around 360.

·
Ka-Boom!
1,987 Posts
He is probaly going shorties because he lives in California, But I agree.
Id say the 360 RWHP/360 RWTQ range is a good guess.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
John Doe said:
I still will never understand why people waste their time with shorties, complete waste of time and money. With that setup you should make around 360.

Smog reasons for one (I live in California).

Now, I know that I asked the question, and thank you for answering but come on... 360? Stock 06's put out what... 330-335 maybe? Hypothetically speaking after all the Mods that I listed above you're saying that the gains will only be 25-30 rwhp/tourqe ???

Don't take this personally but... :bs:

·
Do you care for a GOATASM?
728 Posts
Just to let you have some reference. I only have a CAI and Catback and I made 365/364. I would hope the headers help out more and with the cam I would hope you make more than I do. Just my two cents.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Well, the problem here that he needs to take into account is that he is going with shorties AND hi-fow cats which isn't a great setup for a cammed gto, sorry! It will make some power but not what you want. If your gonna run hi-flow cats you might as well get longtubes. Another thing, it all depends on the size of the cam too. I think with lt's, hi-flow cats, cai and a med size cam you could probably hit 400rw or so, but not with shorties and cats.

·
THE ROKET WAS SOLD ON 6/22/14
9,794 Posts
What makes long tubes w/high flow cats illegal? Is it the fact the cats are moved? Are high flow cats in themselves illegal? Will my car pass with LT's and HF cats? Just curious because I'm going to have to have the emissions inspected in 2008.

ROK

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
woodnutz said:
Just to let you have some reference. I only have a CAI and Catback and I made 365/364. I would hope the headers help out more and with the cam I would hope you make more than I do. Just my two cents.

Yo Wood! So you're only Mod's are a CAI and Catback and you're putting down 365...? Nice numbers!

I wonder what Headers, CAM and a Tune would get you? 410? more? :turbonaug

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ROKS ROCKET said:
What makes long tubes w/high flow cats illegal?

It makes it harder for the Highway Patrol to catch you :sneaky:

LT's are ok in most states, If your car passes the Smog test with Highflow cats I don't see how they couldn't pass you. It's not like they can look at your CATS and tell that they are "Hi-Flow". Or can they..? Anyone...?

Check the laws in your state and that should clear it up.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Who has the Highest RWHP ??

I should have asked the question this way....

Let's call it a contest:
Who has the highest Dyno'd RWHP/Tourqe using Shorties?
Who has the highest Dyno'd RWHP/Tourqe with Stock Exhaust?

Woodnuts- 365/364 (Catback)

·
Do you care for a GOATASM?
728 Posts
Yes just LPE CAI, and Spintech Catback with Super Pro Street mufflers. I just had the dyno done yesterday at CAM. Jeff can verify that is all. No! hidden mods at all. Keep in mind that it was only 347.9/341.6 before the tune. Those other numbers are tuned. I do not want that to be misleading.

I am saving for LT's now that will be next. I guess I may have to get a cam to get into the low 12"s on stock rubber. That is my goal.

·
Registered
901 Posts
ROKS ROCKET said:
What makes long tubes w/high flow cats illegal? Is it the fact the cats are moved? Are high flow cats in themselves illegal? Will my car pass with LT's and HF cats? Just curious because I'm going to have to have the emissions inspected in 2008.

ROK
All long tube headers for 04-06 GTOs are illegal in all states. Depending on your state's inspection procedure, you may not get caught. It's illegal because it relocates the cats. HF cats are illegal if they're not government compliant. If it doesn't say it's compliant anywhere on the cat, then it's probably not compliant.

That said, I recommend everyone get long tube headers. If your state has strict inspections, just go to the ghetto and pay someone off to pass you. It's that simple. Look for someone quiet with low self-esteem and poor looking. Flash him a couple hundred dollars and he'll pass you for sure.

·
Incognito
1,433 Posts
robertr2000 said:
Smog reasons for one (I live in California).

Now, I know that I asked the question, and thank you for answering but come on... 360? Stock 06's put out what... 330-335 maybe? Hypothetically speaking after all the Mods that I listed above you're saying that the gains will only be 25-30 rwhp/tourqe ???

Don't take this personally but... :bs:

Someone has to explain to my why shorties are legal in CA and LTs are not? Why won't LTs pass smog?

And sorry about that, I missed the Cam part, I thought you were talking just shorties, intake, and catback. Who knows with that cam?

·
Ka-Boom!
1,987 Posts
John Doe said:
Someone has to explain to my why shorties are legal in CA and LTs are not? Why won't LTs pass smog?

And sorry about that, I missed the Cam part, I thought you were talking just shorties, intake, and catback. Who knows with that cam?
+1, sorry I missed the cam part. I was thinking 20 hp with shorties and cats as the only new mods.

·
Speed Junkie
1,312 Posts
John Doe said:
I think it's because LT's move the stock location of the Cats, shorties do not.

·
THE ROKET WAS SOLD ON 6/22/14
9,794 Posts
Venom said:
That said, I recommend everyone get long tube headers. If your state has strict inspections, just go to the ghetto and pay someone off to pass you. It's that simple. Look for someone quiet with low self-esteem and poor looking. Flash him a couple hundred dollars and he'll pass you for sure.
I know that you can't be serious about breaking the law here. And I would NOT recommend anyone doing something like that either. If mine doesn't pass inspection I guess I'll have to change it back over to stock. Then again if this street racing law is what they say it is then having a "street drag car" is going to be illegal in CT anyway. My dealer said I should not have any problems passing. (they do emissions there) So we will see, I still have a while before I need to get it inspected.

ROK

1 - 19 of 19 Posts