LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Mugwump
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone explain the credit and licenses required for the HP tuner. I am looking at buying one to only use on my GTO. Do you use up credits everytime you want to retune the same car? I read and re-read there explaination and I am still confused.

Enthusiast with one LS1 vehicle, intake mods, running speed density tune:
- Single Vehicle LS1 license (2 credits)
- 1 bar SD (1 credit)
- 5 credits spare (eg. decides to fit a supercharger in future, can use 2 credits to go to 2 or 3 bar Speed Density no additional purchase required)

Why do you have to use credits to with different speed density????

·
Growing up is an option
17,296 Posts
once you license your car it's set for as many times as you'd like to tune it. as you use credits for other enhancements on your car or tuning someone else's they're subtracted from how many you have left in your interface. if you need more in the future you can buy them and load them in. the SD enhancement is an enhancement to the vehicle's operating system. you don't need it to tune SD but it gives you dual octane tables which you'd lose if you didn't have the enhancement and it adds another table to your VE table that lets you compensate with throttle position for the increase in manifold pressure you can have with a "big" cam from blow back.

BTW, thanks for the UD :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts