LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering how they tuned it to run them times. It says its stock cube heads and cam. Or did they just do crazy amount of dyno hours on the car for the best tune and gut the car so it weighs barely anything.

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
what 10.98 car?

·
21,898 Posts
i'd bet there is some heavy weight reduction and maybe some nitrous :sneaky:

·
21,898 Posts
Smitty's05GTO said:
its N/A i believe.... it's a monster in the 60'. cut a 1.4 Weight reduction baby!
it says stock heads and cam...... A low 1.4 and pulling the wheels......no way on stock/heads cam......I dont buy that shit.

·
21,898 Posts
Smitty's05GTO said:
is it an auto? big stall/gears maybe
I suppose that could be some of it.....I still never heard of a stock cam heads fbody going into the 10's

cam only yes but not stock

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here it is word for word Keith's Tuner Car goes [email protected] on a 1.42 60' in the 1/4 mile. A naturally aspirated all motor stock cubed LS1 with stock heads/cam and custom HP Tuners Speed Density Tuning.
What ever it is i would like to know what he got.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Can i also buy the Brooklyn Bridge from you guys ????

Stock cubed means "stock cubed" which has nothing to do with heads and/or camshaft !! So, stock cubed it may be, but stock heads and camshaft...never ! ! !

Lets keep the info correct so we do NOT mislead any of our fellow GTO/LS1/LS2 owners....We all love the idea of making more power, but making up stories and leaving out important info doesnt do any of our members a favor.........If you cant tell us the truth about your combo then dont tell us anything !!!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If you scroll down on the home page to December 6'th, 2004: Keith sets a new record!!! theres a video.

·
Supporting Vendor
636 Posts
its all about going fast...just because you've got leather seats, 200lbs worth of exhaust system, spare tire, etc in YOUR car doesnt mean thats whats in his. You can check out his build here http://www.dxsoftware.com/magnus/ car went from one of the fastest 3.8 v6 cars to one of if not thee fastest bolt on car. You don't get to 10.9's with headers catback & and intake...it takes alot of weightloss & a ton of mods, a great combo & great(and lots of it) tuning!

Here's his mods list for the 10.98 run
#
Wheels & Tires:
# Front: Bogart Aluma Light 15x3.5 - Moroso DS2
# Rear : Bogart Aluma Light 15x10 - M/T ET Drag 28x10.5x15

Weight Reduction list:
# Removed Front Sway Bar + Brackets
# Removed Rear Panhard Upper Brace
# Removed Front and Rear Bumper Supports
# Removed All A/C Components
# Removed Passanger Seat
# Removed Rear Seat + Seat Belts
# Removed Rear Speaker Pannels
# Removed Carpet & Insulation
# Removed Spare Tire & Jack
# Removed HVAC, Dash Tubes & Insulation
# Removed Glove Box
# Removed Passanger Side Air Bag
# Removed ABS and Power Steering
# Removed EGR, Air Pump and EVAP
# Removed Wiper Arms and Motors
# Removed Door Pannels and Speakers
# Removed Excess Wiring Harness
# Removed Door Bars

Modifications list:
Brakes
# Strange Front Drag Brakes
# Strange Rear Drag Brakes

Cooling System
# Electric Water Pump (Race Version)

Drivetrain
# RK Sport Aluminum Drive Shaft
# Strange race 12 bolt narrowed 2" each side
# 4.10 Gear + Spool

Engine
# Prothane Poly Motor Mounts
# LSx 90mm Intake
# ASP Underdrive crank pulley

Exhaust
# QTP Long Tube Headers
NOTICE ONLY HEADERS NO CATBACK AT ALL

Fuel System
# Walbro 255 lt/hr In-Tank Pump

Ignition
# Stock Wires
# NGK TR55 Spark Plugs

Induction
# 90mm FAST Open TB

Suspension
# BMR Lower Control Arms (Tubular w/Poly Bushings)
# MAC Chassis Mount Torque Arm
# QA1 R Series Front Adjustable Shocks
# QA1 Rear Adjustable Shocks
# BMR Tubular K-Member
# BMR Tubular Upper and Lower A-Arms
# Alston Panhard Bar
# Spohn drag anti-roll bar

Transmission
# Energy Suspension Poly Trans Mount
# Yank Pro Thruster 4400
# Speed Inc Vac Modulated Transmission
# B&M Transmission Cooler

Tuning
# Tuned using HP Tuners VCM Suite

basically weight reduction, big stall, headers, best intake, tall numerical gearing, and every bolt on you can find.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hey smitty..i actually like the Golden Gate bridge much better, and thanks for the offer, but you are in Tempe Az and if my geography classes from the 80's serves me well the GG bridge is located in Ca, so you must know ALL the right people...LOL. With all do respect smitty, i have read many of your posts as well as looked at the list of all the mods done to your car, so because of your accomplishments i will accept what ever you have to say..LOL (i mean that in a good way)

·
HP Tuners
125 Posts
james007 said:
Can i also buy the Brooklyn Bridge from you guys ????

Stock cubed means "stock cubed" which has nothing to do with heads and/or camshaft !! So, stock cubed it may be, but stock heads and camshaft...never ! ! !

Lets keep the info correct so we do NOT mislead any of our fellow GTO/LS1/LS2 owners....We all love the idea of making more power, but making up stories and leaving out important info doesnt do any of our members a favor.........If you cant tell us the truth about your combo then dont tell us anything !!!!
10.9, the valve covers, front cover and oil pan where never removed from the engine, since GM put them on.

·
Semper Fi
4,857 Posts
james007 said:
Hey smitty..i actually like the Golden Gate bridge much better, and thanks for the offer, but you are in Tempe Az and if my geography classes from the 80's serves me well the GG bridge is located in Ca, so you must know ALL the right people...LOL. With all do respect smitty, i have read many of your posts as well as looked at the list of all the mods done to your car, so because of your accomplishments i will accept what ever you have to say..LOL (i mean that in a good way)

lol.. i'm just a good ole country boy that likes to race my car.

although..i do have connections. lol:drink:

·
Semper Fi
4,857 Posts
Magnus said:
10.9, the valve covers, front cover and oil pan where never removed from the engine, since GM put them on.
With the right setup.. it's definately possible. Congrats on the accomplishment (although i think it happened a while ago)

Keep it up! :)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts