LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
DOG
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BTW, this tool now includes the VE Table and some timing table information as well. The VE table is the key table showing the spark timing for your engine.

·
DOG
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just tuned the PE air/fuel ratio tonight on the dyno. On three runs, we had it perfect the third time around.

That leaves timing as the last thing to get caught up.

Right now I'm looking at least a 15 horsepower gain from the fueling work alone.

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
tiggerfan said:
Anyone with that autotap file? Any of our hptuners people check out what I've got?
I'm still waiting for EFILive to fix the GTO and launch their edit module. If nothing happens soon, I'm going to have to sell it and get HPTuner

·
GTOholic
1,504 Posts
tiggerfan, I have HP Tuners, but no access to a dyno, thus no way to verify the changes I make. All I have done so far is change the table to get my LTFT's negative. When I get home this evening, I will use your tool to see if its numbers match the ones I came up with.

What's the best way to "test" my changes without a dyno? Just based on "feel"?

·
No More GTO!!!!
1,269 Posts
That is the best thing since sliced bread.Thanks so much tiggerfan,your awsome. Anthony

·
Registered
118 Posts
tiggerfan said:
Just tuned the PE air/fuel ratio tonight on the dyno. On three runs, we had it perfect the third time around.

That leaves timing as the last thing to get caught up.

Right now I'm looking at least a 15 horsepower gain from the fueling work alone.
That's pretty strong tigerfan!!!! Thanks, you just helped me make my decision to get HPTuners over the generic Predator. Every car is different and it seems that you can get a lot closer to optimal tune by spending some quality time with your laptop and the HPT.

Thanks,

JB

·
3,327 Posts
Tiggerfan, I am sorry, but I do not remember if you have the A4 or the M6? Your highway fuel milage (posted in another thread) really intrigue me. I may have to get HP tuners yet....

·
DOG
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
FLORIT said:
tiggerfan, I have HP Tuners, but no access to a dyno, thus no way to verify the changes I make. All I have done so far is change the table to get my LTFT's negative. When I get home this evening, I will use your tool to see if its numbers match the ones I came up with.

What's the best way to "test" my changes without a dyno? Just based on "feel"?
Pretty much yes. Or at the track.

·
DOG
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Warren said:
Tiggerfan, I am sorry, but I do not remember if you have the A4 or the M6? Your highway fuel milage (posted in another thread) really intrigue me. I may have to get HP tuners yet....
M6. If I had an A4 I think the whole world here would be begging for their 1000 bucks back if I was getting my numbers.

At 65-70 mph, on flat terrain, I'm seeing 30+ consistently on the instant fuel mileage number. at 85 its around 25 mpg.

·
DOG
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Bone said:
That is the best thing since sliced bread.Thanks so much tiggerfan,your awsome. Anthony

Thanks. You fire up a couple of logs from each tune adjustment and the differences start to pop out real quickly. I'm thinking of adding some more information to the timing cells as well. We'll see soon enough where I go with it.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hey tigerfan,

With HP Tuners can you make adjustments for the speedo if you change rear end ratios?

Thanks,

JB

·
Registered
464 Posts
Hey tiggerfan,

I just recently got my HP Tuners and in combination with your Calc, this is great. Thanks for the time you put in doing this.

Yet, everyonce and a while I get an error code on your page. It states about a zero value in line 68. I PM'd you about it once. I think it when I try to shorten a log file. Since you can only do 10000, I've tried editing some. Or pulling some WOT out of a log. Is there anyway I can cut Excel sheets with out causing this error?

Hopefully I even make sense in what I'm asking.

Thanks

1 - 20 of 21 Posts