LS1GTO Forums banner

What is best? HP Tuners or Predator or Other?

• HP Tuners

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Predator

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Other

Votes: 3 17.6%
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats your honest opinions on these? I am ready to buy but can't make the decision. I was all ready to buy the predator yesterday but then I saw the post from DY with step-by-step instructions on the HP tuners for TM. Now I am leaning that way again. Please help me decide. I have no clue on what to change so I will need help, but I would like to get the most out of the changes.
Thanks

·
Knight Errant
1,800 Posts
Not sure yet

Dbluegoat said:
Whats your honest opinions on these? I am ready to buy but can't make the decision. I was all ready to buy the predator yesterday but then I saw the post from DY with step-by-step instructions on the HP tuners for TM. Now I am leaning that way again. Please help me decide. I have no clue on what to change so I will need help, but I would like to get the most out of the changes.
Thanks
I have decided to go with a Predator from T. Byrne at the end of the month. I can report back on it then. I have no frame of reference for the others. You will have to hope for their reviews to compare. Patience will pay off on this one. I have read others comments as you have, and talked to a few folks, but cannot yet say which way to go. :confused:

·
GTOholic
1,504 Posts
I voted for HP Tuner only because I have already bought it. The others, I know nothing about. Be advised, HP Tuner is not for the faint of heart. It would be incredibly easy to totally trash your engine if you don't know what you're doing (which I don't.) I have not yet been able to get the "Scanner" feature to work. The "Help" files are intentionally vague. (HP Tuner does not give tuning advice. Too much liability involved if something goes wrong.) The HP Tuner forum does not get a lot of activity, and most of what I have read there goes right over my head. It is a powerful tool in the hands of a knowledgeable user, but for guys like me, it's a rebuild waiting to happen. And it's a hell of a lot of money to invest if all you're going to do is change your fan temps and turn off CAGS.

Think about what you want to do, how much flexibility you need, what you're willing to invest. You may be better off with a "mail-in tune" or something simple like that.

·
Resident 10-second Priest
8,959 Posts
I have HP Tuners, and I've been able to make it work fine.

Only problem is that HP Tuner is basically in its Beta-test phase. There are NO help files and not all of the features are fully functional, yet.

So basically, you're paying $500 to Beta-test their software for them, and if you pay $100 more, they'll even give you software updates (for one year) for when they actually complete the product.

Get my drift? :slap: Padre

·
No More GTO!!!!
1,269 Posts
Hp tuners is my vote

1 - 5 of 5 Posts