LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
GO STEELERS!
5,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan on putting on LT Headers and a CAI, so with these mods would I be able to use HP Tuners to get some extra power out of these bolt ons.

I am also intersted in whether the HP Tuners system can firm up the shifts on an A4 and fix speedo changes when you increase your gearing to a 3.9 or 4.1?

Lastly, is HP Tuners something worth getting with the mods I have planned since I won't be able to get a custom Dyno tune?

Thanks.

I am just starting to reasearch the HP Tuners system and you guys are my first stop for info.

I also understand that HP Tuners can be used on more than one car.

·
CAUTION!!!!
9,883 Posts
HP tuner will help you, how much more HP you'll get i couldnt tell you, but it can firm up your shifts with an a4. i dont know about the HP tuner on multi car use, but the preditor can be used on more the one car, well at least thats what the advertise.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
gotzaGTO said:
but the preditor can be used on more the one car, well at least thats what the advertise.
The predator is tied to the VIN and can only be used on one car. You have to send to Diablo Sports to have them untie it. I think it cost about $75.

:drink::drink:

·
CAUTION!!!!
9,883 Posts
DAMN their false advertising!!!!! oh well, then i dont know if u can do the multi car thing! hey look at it this way, if you cant use it on any car but your own, you wount have your buddies always bugin you to borrow it! take it easy...

·
IX HANDZ
308 Posts
HP Tuners is locked to a specific model year.....any '04 GTO would be able to use the same HP Tuner software.....The reader that is included will read any OBDII car.

Now I just need to get Keith to write a LT1 Program....

Predator will read the codes out of any OBDII car but will not program more than 1 VIN unless you pay more for it....

Hope that helps guys!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts