LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
HP Tuners
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone. I hope some of you noticed a new banner on this site last week. :) HP Tuners becamse a sponsor of LS1GTO.com , Thanks Jon!

We've recieved severeal orders for the GTO vehicles already, I figured some of them must have come from this site.. Here is an update.

All pre-orders palced will be shipped this monday UPS Next day air at no additional cost to you. Here is a picture of what our actual interfaces look like.

Yes we do have more than 3 made and yes you will be recieving interface cables as well. :)

If you guys have any questions feel free to ask. Thanks! :)

·
2,432 Posts
What's in the box? I figured you had a cable to do RS232 to the GM interface and everything else was done in software (Windows App). This looks like you have some kind of a board in the box running software of it's own.

Will you offer updates or bug fixes down the road?

·
HP Tuners
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The "box" is our interface. You attach 1 cable from one end into the vehicles OBD-II port, and another cable on the other end into your laptop. (We provide you with cables).

We wil offer updates and bug fixes for as long as we support the software, but we will only offer upgrades (new software features) to those current software upgrade plans.

All the stuff the end user will be doing is through windows applications. :) We have plenty of pictures on our web site, http://www.hptuners.com .

Thanks!

·
Master of Youngrushhour
4,318 Posts
Magnus - a few quick questions:

can I go to the transmission section and just click a button to turn on/off torque management on my automatic trans?

Beyond simple on/off - can I also change the paramaters on the torque management?

When the torque management system is changed - is there any way that a service tech could look up the codes in the ECM and figure out that I have been changing the stock parameters?

Does the system have any pre programed tunes? It looked like there was button for performance and normal on a few of the screens.

Excuse my ignorance on the subject - but this is all new to me - my last car was a 3rd generation camaro where all we did was have someone else burn a chip for us.

·
HP Tuners
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
rushour, for torque management, there is no simple on/off switch but you can remove TM by modifying just a couple of tables.

For a service tech to find out, they would have to either drive the car and realize it shifts harder or actually read the PCM and check the code (not likely). Our product is nto designed to violate EPA or dealer inspections. Our product is designed for off-road use only.

We do not have pre-programmed tunes, but we give you the ability to customize your own tune. You can use the scan tool software we provide you with to maximize your tune to your needs.

Those performance buttons are for vehicles equipped with performance buttons like GTP's and such.

·
HP Tuners
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The CAGS page has these options:

Disable %TPS

Enable Speed
Disable Speed

Enable Baro
Disable Baro

Min Coolant Temp

Hope this helps!

·
...and former GTO owner.
841 Posts
rushhour said:
Excuse my ignorance on the subject - but this is all new to me - my last car was a 3rd generation camaro where all we did was have someone else burn a chip for us.
I used to think that way too, untill I changed my motor. The chip burners back then didn't adjust the fuel or spark maps. They changed everything else. Now I burn my own chips.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts