LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to see a sticky-type thread showing before/after dyno numbers on mods. Example:

Corsa exhaust: before 290rwhp after 300rwhp

After owning 2 Lightnings, a C5, and an SS, I'm used to seeing EXACTLY what mod does what regarding HP/TQ gains.

Anyone else think this would be nice? :thumbs:

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
sounds like a good idea. i would be interested to see some gains before i decide what to get.

·
GTOholic
1,504 Posts
It IS a good idea, but dyno pulls are not cheap, and that's even if you have access to a dyno. I would expect the vendors, with their "project cars", to provide these numbers, but I am sure there are many "marketing" reasons they do not. Plus, who's gonna believe THEM? :D

I saw a device that plugs into the 12V accessory outlet and clips to the dash. The device records all sorts of data about your car's performance. I have no idea how it does it, how much it costs, or even what it's called. I saw it at the "Pontiacs In The Park" event. PM user "bronko91". He's the one who had it.

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
FLORIT said:
It IS a good idea, but dyno pulls are not cheap, and that's even if you have access to a dyno. I would expect the vendors, with their "project cars", to provide these numbers, but I am sure there are many "marketing" reasons they do not. Plus, who's gonna believe THEM? :D

I saw a device that plugs into the 12V accessory outlet and clips to the dash. The device records all sorts of data about your car's performance. I have no idea how it does it, how much it costs, or even what it's called. I saw it at the "Pontiacs In The Park" event. PM user "bronko91". He's the one who had it.

are you refering to a G-tech?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've always dyno'd every part I've put on my "toys". Some i've done in combination, like headers back, but I still did the dyno and reported the gains. I think many people do. They just need to chime in!

·
DOG
626 Posts
I'll be reporting mine, but the toys are going to take a while. If you wish to paypal me some money so I can test and report though, I'm ok with that ;) I'll even pick up the dyno pulls. (I get em cheap)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
tiggerfan said:
I'll be reporting mine, but the toys are going to take a while. If you wish to paypal me some money so I can test and report though, I'm ok with that ;) I'll even pick up the dyno pulls. (I get em cheap)
Believe me, I'll be blowing enough of my own money on this puppy! :D

·
Registered
150 Posts
weedo
hey.....
From another desert dweller. What color did you get and where did you get it from? I'll be doing some mods soon.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
dryheat said:
weedo
hey.....
From another desert dweller. What color did you get and where did you get it from? I'll be doing some mods soon.
I bought a Black/Black 6-speed, used with 750 miles on it. It's coming from Wisconsin if I can ever get the shipper to pick it up! I couldn't pass up the deal, especially compared to what the dealers want around here, plus tax, title, etc... which you don't pay on a used vehicle here!

Shoot me an email to [email protected] and we can swap good info...

·
Go Tigers!
2,455 Posts
Remember these cars have only been out for short time. Your only seeing the tip of
the iceburg as far as after market parts. Give it time, you'll see a bunch of postings
in the months to come about mods and HP.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts