LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a link to the 2006 Hot Rod Power Tour. The area will be updated daily as long as I have a decent internet connection at the next hotel. There will be more pictures of cars and people but today was limited by a weak camera battery.

I have only seen 6 current GTOs on the Tour and met only four of the owners. The great thing about the Tour is everyone is welcome and treated well no matter what they drive. Everyone, including the sixty something widow doing the Tour with he late husband's Chevy truck are 'Car Guys'.

It is so relaxed we even let a GTO park next to us with Eibachs and Konis -- I didn't talk to them.:gr_jest:

If any one is on the Tour and reading this it would be great to hook up and park as a group. My Cell is 616.292.4424
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
841 Posts
JusticePete said:
Here is a link to the 2006 Hot Rod Power Tour. The area will be updated daily as long as I have a decent internet connection at the next hotel. There will be more pictures of cars and people but today was limited by a weak camera battery.

I have only seen 6 current GTOs on the Tour and met only four of the owners. The great thing about the Tour is everyone is welcome and treated well no matter what they drive. Everyone, including the sixty something widow doing the Tour with he late husband's Chevy truck are 'Car Guys'.

It is so relaxed we even let a GTO park next to us with Eibachs and Konis -- I didn't talk to them.:gr_jest:

If any one is on the Tour and reading this it would be great to hook up and park as a group. My Cell is 616.292.4424
Great shots Peter.
Some unfortunate circumstances made us late (3:30) and they wouldn't let me park in the compound. Tomorrow will be different though! I'm going to stop by Big Daddy's tomorrow. Don't know If I'll go to SuperChips.
I have a short video of the GMPP LS7 GTO. I'll see If I can get if downloaded and hosted tomorrow night.
 

·
Resistance is futile
Joined
·
111 Posts
JusticePete said:
If any one is on the Tour and reading this it would be great to hook up and park as a group.
Any chance you brought along some of the elusive Pedder's radius rod bushings? It would be worth the 1 1/2 hour drive to Columbia on Tuesday.
 

·
Registered Gator
Joined
·
506 Posts
Wow , all the really nice cars. Just got back from visiting the HRPT site here in Gainesville- way way cool. Lots of gorgeous specimens , my favorite trick cars were the yellow:hail: LS7 GTO ; the SuperMetallic Orange Solstice ; the orange Viper Cuda and the killer Silver Concept Camero - always had a large crowd. If they make it , it should sell well from the comments I was hearing (actually saw this 20ish woman screaming with joy when she saw it). Great to see all the different ages of spectators and participates and all the vendors pushing our addictions. The Japanese and Mideast kids can only wish they had the hotrod heritage of the USA.:patriot: If you can make any of these stops - it's worth the sunburn and the time - over 60 years of automotive history on display. The roads to/from the site/track are filled with muscle cars (takes me back 35 years) - not street racing just crusing : sweeet... Thanks for the pics Pete , Sorry I missed ya at Nimnicht , hope it went well and enjoy the trip up the east coast. ..:)
 

·
Non Denominational Car Nut
Joined
·
2,347 Posts
Had a great time Pete!
Good to meet you ,
We have to do the dinner/drinks again next year.
You should have stuck around a "bit",,we ended up taking the party
back to the hotel parking lot concluding with burnouts and freindly cops at 2.30am.
:D
 

·
Non Denominational Car Nut
Joined
·
2,347 Posts

·
GTO...Austalian for Pontiac!
Joined
·
1,527 Posts
Now I know who the designer was for the GTO flair kit!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey HTRDLCN thanks for inviting me. In Perry I spent some time with the Camaro group at Hooters. I do have some NO Bull stickers in my car. Give me a call in SC and I'll get the to you.

Perry Georgia is now up on the site. Good Night!
 

·
been beat by a Nana lately?
Joined
·
3,874 Posts
w00t!!! I'll be there today, and for the rest of the tour! Can't wait!
 

·
GTO...Austalian for Pontiac!
Joined
·
1,527 Posts
Lisa, glad to meet you...and glad your car is operational!
 

·
Non Denominational Car Nut
Joined
·
2,347 Posts
JusticePete said:
Hey HTRDLCN thanks for inviting me. In Perry I spent some time with the Camaro group at Hooters. I do have some NO Bull stickers in my car. Give me a call in SC and I'll get the to you.

Perry Georgia is now up on the site. Good Night!
Pete,,if you can just get them to one of the Lincoln guys they will
make sure it gets to me. Wish I could have done the whole tour.
:(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
HTRDLNCN said:
Pete,,if you can just get them to one of the Lincoln guys they will
make sure it gets to me. Wish I could have done the whole tour.
:(
Please ask them to keep on eye out for me.
 

·
been beat by a Nana lately?
Joined
·
3,874 Posts
MTBDOC said:
Lisa, glad to meet you...and glad your car is operational!
Good to meet you too, and thanks. Err..almost operational. The a/c is broke, which was not fun today. But I can live with that. At least the car runs without it. Had a great time today and looking forward to finishing out the tour with y'all.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The Georgia pictures are posted. If your GTO isn't posted all you have to do is say hello at the next stop.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
131 Posts
Can anybody give me a time the Tour will be pulling out of Harrisburg on Fri morn. I wanted to meet up around Selinsgrove to watch and drive along for a ways. I will either be in a green 69 GTO or a silver 06 GTO.
Thanks, Darryl
 
1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Top