LS1GTO.com Forums banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Let's roll...
1,036 Posts
Great pics...thanks for keeping the rest of us happy! :)

·
Registered
4,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Don (ddixon) was interviewed by Advance TV today. Advance TV is the closed circuit TV that is played in the Advance Auto Parts stores. So let me think about this: Don gets on TV, MTBDOC meets up with Lisa and I get to help carry a young lady fainting from the heat in Orlando?

The Salem (Roanoke) pictures are up now including ddixon!

·
Registered
736 Posts
thanks for the card under my wiper blade pete
i meet lisa today and somebody else i forgot your name sorry.

lisa if you need some help with your car e-mail me i can fix it for ya, sucks you are having so many problems.

it was packed at the civic center today

·
Registered
841 Posts
ruquik said:
thanks for the card under my wiper blade pete
i meet lisa today and somebody else i forgot your name sorry.

lisa if you need some help with your car e-mail me i can fix it for ya, sucks you are having so many problems.

it was packed at the civic center today
Uhhh. It was me.

·
Registered
4,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Getting parked in a row was very cool today. It gives us a chance to be together in person and not just on the forum. The PA pics are on the web. I am leaving the New Cumberland Holiday Inn at 9:00 and heading to Englishtown on the highway at 9:00. If I can arrange a parking row I will. Keep your eyes open for my Justice in the parking lot. Maybe we can get a group picture with people instead cars?

NickiVee gets points for the best t-shirt to date: Death by Pontiac as illustrated by a skull. It ain't a hot rod without a skull. A skull is good for 3/10ths of a second at the drag strip!

·
Super Moderator
4,243 Posts
Just got home from the tour. I'm sunburned, half deaf and beat... that said, DAMN! What a great time that was!
Nikivee, it was great to meet both your and your friend.
JusticePete, thanks for the advise. It was great to meet you too. First Pedders mod on Monday!
Nick, congrats on getting the Cartek goat. She's a beauty.
Powerdude and Lisa, it was nice to see you today.

Saw many amazing cars in Harrisburg yesterday - too many to list. Will try and post some pics when I get the film developed. Yeah, I know. Film. I'm a dinosaur. Left Harrisburg this morning at 9. About 10 minutes out of town, I got passed by the GM Performance Parts convoy. In no particular order:
- 2 sweet HHRs, one black & bright metallic orange, the other gold & tan with a racing stripe.
- big Chevy pickup that could run gas or e-85
- Pontiac Solstice weekend club racer (hardtop and a turbo)
- LS7 GTO
- LS7 Camaro
- '70 Chevelle convertible with a GM Performance Parts 572
- full size Chevy van that was all-wheel drive
- Caddy Panamerica racer

They were flying along 11/15. As cool as the other Tour cars were, I knew I had to ride with the LS7 Goat for awhile. The Goat was very docile idling at red lights, cruising around town, etc. When he jumped on it getting onto the highway, you hear a little rumble and the Goat was gone. The Camaro was just the opposite - throaty exhaust that really got LOUD on acceleration. The Chevelle was a cackling fiend. If a bright orange metallic Chevelle convertible wasn't enough to get your attention, the 572 was a shown on its own. At idle, it sounded like a Super Comp dragster. V8 offbeat burble to the power of 10. Sweet ride all the way! I rode with them up to the Water Gap when they stopped off for lunch. I went on to ETown. Cars everywhere. Racing. Kenny Wayne Shepherd rocked! If the Power Tour stays true to form, they'll start out from the NY metro area in 2007, probably ETown again. Hope to see you all there!

P.S. The new Camaro was also on display...:yumyum:

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
damn i just wish i took off of work sooner to be able to come down. etown was all of 30 mins from me too. :kicks myself in the ass: damn dont think there will be another east coast tour for a long time.

·
Registered
4,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
2007 Power Tour Route

HRPT 2007 Cleveland to Kalamazoo to Racine to Springfield to unknown to unknown to Little Rock.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Lots of cool cars!That hot Rod soltice was Awesome!

·
Super Moderator
4,243 Posts
JusticePete said:
HRPT 2007 Cleveland to Kalamazoo to Racine to Springfield to unknown to unknown to Little Rock.
Pete are you sure about these locals? I read the quote below on the tour site and was really looking forward to starting out of Englishtown next year?

Continuing the tradition of having the Power Tour begin where the previous year’s Tour ended, this year’s 12th Annual HOT ROD Power Tour will kick off in Kissimmee, Florida on June 3. That’s where the 2005 Tour ended, after moving south from all the way up in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.

·
Super Moderator
4,243 Posts
HTRDLNCN said:
Yes,Englishtown was already booked so they are starting in Cleveland
Thanks for the info. That is a bummer. However, it's their loss. Route 23 to Port Jervis to Route 97 through Sparrow Bush, NY and then following the Delaware and Susquehanna Rivers to Watkins Glen would've been a great route.

·
Non Denominational Car Nut
2,347 Posts
Well you have a year to write and call them,if enough do they can change stuff around Im sure..

·
Trailers are for Boats!
493 Posts
Pete,
Great pics. I did notice that the red '61 Ford on the Columbia page was parked next to one of the rare and elusive Barbados Blue Goats. Who could that have been? :)

·
Super Moderator
4,243 Posts
nikivee said:
If Englishtown is booked, they should have chosen their last stop before NJ to kick off 2007. Harrisburg, PA Farm Show complex!
Goats grazing at a farm show. Does seem appropriate!

21 - 38 of 38 Posts