LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been tossing around the idea of getting some of these HSV 427 black taillights. However, I have seen on some websites that they are specifically stated as 'aftermarket' and not Genuine HSV taillights.

I'm sure there are Genuine HSV 427 black taillights, but does anyone know the difference between the Genuine and the 'aftermarket' 427 taillights?

Thanks!

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
The aftermarket 427's usually bought from Burg have a big chrome ring around the red lens. The real ones do not.

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
the genuine ones are gonna be ALOT more expensive
i will PM you all the info i have researched about these, b/c they are on my To do list.

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
GTOdriver7 said:
the genuine ones are gonna be ALOT more expensive
i will PM you all the info i have researched about these, b/c they are on my To do list.
They're not too bad. Under AU$400 plus postage. Remember, they should not charge VAT on an exported item. CC me with your source in Oz. I've got one too. Thanks.

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
mistermike said:
They're not too bad. Under AU$400 plus postage. Remember, they should not charge VAT on an exported item. CC me with your source in Oz. I've got one too. Thanks.
my research tells me that the genuines are about $150 more than the "fakes.
you have a PM

·
I hack cars.
8,111 Posts
Anyone got a pic of the REAL ones on a car? Preferably Cosmos? hehe

·
Registered
571 Posts
If I remember my headlights correctly, the fake 427 taillights match our headlights exactly because of the chrome rings.

·
04 LPE SuperCharged Goat
16 Posts
Get the real deal!

I just got the real ones $430.00 the fake ones are $350.00. The real ones look a lot better and are worth the extra $80.00.

miamio said:
If I remember my headlights correctly, the fake 427 taillights match our headlights exactly because of the chrome rings.

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
LPEGoat said:
I just got the real ones $430.00 the fake ones are $350.00. The real ones look a lot better and are worth the extra $80.00.
are these prices in AUD or US?

who is your contact? you can PM if you wish

oh, and can you PLEASE post pics. i have only seen pics of the replicas

it looks like i can get the replicas for about $250shipped from ebay.

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
DevilYellow said:
The coupe4 ones have the ring ... they are now accepted as "real"
anyone got pics?

i have a bday coming up soon, so i need to decide where to spend my $$$$

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
When I click on that link, then click on the picture of the rear of the car for full screen, I get nothing but spam and spyware pop ups.

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
Thanatos said:
No Coness,
Let me know what you decide. I might be game for buying a set, maybe we can save on shipping.(I can't fork out the bucks right now though.)
check these out

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2488767823&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

i talked to the seller. roughly $250US shippped. cant beat that price. comes with all necessary wiring harness. should be plug and play.
i am leaning towards these b/c of the price. i hoped to be buying in the next month or so. :cool:

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The thing is... I hate chrome. There is way too much chrome in those taillights on ebay that GTOdriver7 posted. The taillights on the real HSV427 doesn't *seem* to have all that chrome.

I'll spend the extra money to get the 'chrome-delete mod' on the taillights... however, that is just me... I'm funky like that!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Re: HSV 427 taillights

This is what the genuine HSV 427 taillights look like on a Black GTO. (mine)
Please PM me if you want them.
Gordon

·
Registered
42 Posts
427 HSV Genuine taillights

This is what the 427 Ligthts look like from the side view. No chrome visible.
The non genuine lights show chrome around the lens and is clearly visible in a side view. Obviously from behind the rings in the lense are even more visible.
Gordon

1 - 20 of 26 Posts