LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i looked for a hsv forum... and found one... asked about the kit, and this is what i got back in a PM

To: yourguyry
Posted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 12:51 pm
Subject: HSV GTO kit

Hi there, we have a shop in this forum called Competition Engineering and we sell a range of HSV parts. The owner of the shop is actually in the U.S. at the moment.

We can supply you a body kit for your car for $4,900 (AUS) + delivery.

If there is anything else you are looking for please don't hesitate to PM me or mr-spares and we will try and help you.

Cheers.

Paul

i just wrote back asking for a web site... i'll post when i get

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
mr-spares is the guy on ebay selling Monaro shifters and break upgrades. good to know that he a is quality rep.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i am glad that the little searching i did could make you feel more comfortable... i know the feeling of buying on EBAY... you never know

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
well i haven't ordered anything from him. but he was selling some shifter kits and break upgrades that look promising (and relatively inexpensive by comparison).
im not really in the market for anything right now except for a good shifter that keeps the stock look

·
297kW User
1,928 Posts
The entire HSV body kit is $4,900AUD? They're genuine HSV pieces and not knock offs?

The HSV kit is the front fascia with foglamps, side skirts, three piece rear spoiler, rear bumper, roof spoiler, and wheels.

Can you get more details?

·
Single Digit Stick Shift
4,088 Posts
Very good dealer to work with. This is the man that I got my brakes and rear gears from. He really will bend over backwards for you. I bought the actual HSV upgraded brakes and they were not cheap. The other brakes that are on ebay and seem realatively inexpensive, look to be the same size brakes, 296mm, and are the brakes that were originally installed on our GTOs. The polished calipers are really what you are paying for. He does all transfers via paypal and is completely hassle free with nothing worth worrying about. I would continue to do business with him, but don't want to spend any more money.
If you are going to deal with someone from OZ for parts, I would fully support this company. Shipping takes time because of the difference but everything will come just as expected including details of what is included in the shipment.

·
Registered
20 Posts
BillyGoatGruff said:
Very good dealer to work with. This is the man that I got my brakes and rear gears from. He really will bend over backwards for you. I bought the actual HSV upgraded brakes and they were not cheap. The other brakes that are on ebay and seem realatively inexpensive, look to be the same size brakes, 296mm, and are the brakes that were originally installed on our GTOs. The polished calipers are really what you are paying for. He does all transfers via paypal and is completely hassle free with nothing worth worrying about. I would continue to do business with him, but don't want to spend any more money.
If you are going to deal with someone from OZ for parts, I would fully support this company. Shipping takes time because of the difference but everything will come just as expected including details of what is included in the shipment.
BillyGoatGruff -

I checked out your website...nice GTO. Couple questions: Where did you get the silver grill and front and where did you get the stripping?

Thanks

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
jake said:
BillyGoatGruff -

I checked out your website...nice GTO. Couple questions: Where did you get the silver grill and front and where did you get the stripping?

Thanks
i believe the stripes are from AP, if im not mistaken.

·
Single Digit Stick Shift
4,088 Posts
Sorry everyone, the stripes cannot be bought. The stripes are actually hand painted onto the paint. It is a brushed aluminum/candy blue stripe that was hand painted by a pinstriper. The stripe actually fades into a complete brushed aluminum stripe after the rear window. The car was then recleared. AP does not sell the strip because it is not vinyl!
As for the 'silver grilles', they are actually the stock grilles that were removed and sent out to a plastic chrome plater in the Southern California area. The grilles are made out of ABS plastic and anyone that would like them chromed will have to find a plater that will do plastic parts. There are a couple companies out there, but only one or two companies that can pass all the regulations here in California.
Remember nothing is cheap.

·
got rice?
480 Posts
BillyGoatGruff said:
Sorry everyone, the stripes cannot be bought. The stripes are actually hand painted onto the paint. It is a brushed aluminum/candy blue stripe that was hand painted by a pinstriper. The stripe actually fades into a complete brushed aluminum stripe after the rear window. The car was then recleared. AP does not sell the strip because it is not vinyl!
As for the 'silver grilles', they are actually the stock grilles that were removed and sent out to a plastic chrome plater in the Southern California area. The grilles are made out of ABS plastic and anyone that would like them chromed will have to find a plater that will do plastic parts. There are a couple companies out there, but only one or two companies that can pass all the regulations here in California.
How much was it to chrome the grills. Did that include removal and installation? Thanks.

·
got rice?
480 Posts
BillyGoatGruff said:
How much was it to chrome the grills?

Did that include removal and installation?

Do you have any pics?

How much were your brakes and how much better are they over stock?
Thanks.

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
2004Goat said:
How much was it to chrome the grills?

Did that include removal and installation?

Do you have any pics?

How much were your brakes and how much better are they over stock?
Thanks.
check out his website in his profile, it has some great pics. my fav is one next to the AP GTO. it really shows off the chrome grills.

·
Mod Hungry... Empty Wallet
2,137 Posts

Is this not sweet?

·
Single Digit Stick Shift
4,088 Posts
I'll ring in and say that is my car. The only difference now is that the flapper set up behind the hood inserts have been chromed. I am still working on the throttle actuate flappers though. It is hard to find the correct pulleys to work with them. Need to find the right size so that when you step on the gas the flappers don't rip off. Going to half to find some that are stepped down. Just takes time and patience. I got patience, I just need to find a little bit of time.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thanx guys for all the good stuff about this guy. when i look into getting the kit, i think i will have to do what i can to deal with him... thanx again

·
Registered
43 Posts
you guys may have to purchase another part before you modify your gto to hsv gto. the headlights are different - yours have a sharper point.

·
Registered
155 Posts
How can we get in touch with this Spares guy? Im looking for more info on the HSV rear spoiler.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
he and his company have a name on this forum now too.... i'll have to go look to see what it is, i forget. i'll post when i get it.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts