LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Mister Muscular
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm confused on this. Does HSV touch our cars ('04 Pontiac GTOs) at all? Or do they just come from the main Holden plant? I was on the HSV site looking at how they do their special thing to a coupe & didn't know if they are responsible for any of the GTO details.

·
Registered
63 Posts
No, all done by Holden, however HSV do lend a hand with design and development of the GTO as they do with the rest of the mainstream Commodores.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Prolly what gets people is the whole HSV GTO thing. A HSV GTO has the same power as the Pontiac GTO, maybe more nowadays. However the HSV GTS has 402hp. But aside from sharing the GTO name, theres not much in common, HSV's version having better brakes and sporty suspension.

Adam

·
Registered
362 Posts
They arent involved directly with the pontiac gto, however most parts that are on the hsv gto/gts will fit the pontiac. For instance the new hsv's now have ohlins adjustable suspension available for fitment.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Ah yes but a hsv GTO makes the power through a restricted exhaust and a much milder cam grind than you guys have in your goats, an edited GTO ( the engine spec is the same as the garden variety SS commodore) will pull 400hp and an edited GTS with the C5B engine is good for at least 450hp. mind you we have 98 octane pump gas.

·
Registered
761 Posts
mind you we have 98 octane pump gas
HSV's can be run on regular, from what I read, they once put premium recommended stickers on their fuel caps and sales slumped....

[/QUOTE]Ah yes but a hsv GTO makes the power through a restricted exhaust and a much milder cam grind than you guys have in your goats
If thats the case, how do they extract the extra power?

·
Registered
202 Posts
negatory pal HSV's have no 91 octane fuel map in the pcm, they run 2 95 octane maps (identical) and a knock map, and thats how they make the power.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts