• Autocross

Votes: 28 48.3%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
297kW User
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those wanting to change the look of their new Goats, there are two options.

The Holden Special Vehicles body kit which would have to be imported from Australia, or the Pontiac Autocross body kit which is apparently going to be offered by Pontiac dealers this fall.

Which would you choose?

HSV

Autocross

·
3,327 Posts
I am torn. I like the nostrils on the autocross, but the ducktail look on the HSV. I like the exaust on each side on the autocross, but would prefer one pipe instead of two.

·
Yes, it has a car seat
1,884 Posts
None of the above - stock is better than either, IMHO.
Dan

·
Registered Cruiser
77 Posts
The wheels on the Autocross look like the Monaro Series II/Series III stock rim.

Out of these two, I'd go a wingless Autocross.

Mick

·
**** it, Run it!
206 Posts
If I had to choose between the two, I would go with the HSV, BUT I think the stock GTO looks the best out of the three!!

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
I like the autocross but I bought a 04 and will likely keep it the way it is and put the money towards 06 or 07(?).

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
I also like the looks of the current GTO better than the other 2.

·
Sewell Pontiac
300 Posts
I definitely like the look of the Autocross over the HSV. I am torn because I look like the look of my stock GTO but that Autocross kit is great looking of well I guess we will see if it really does become available or not.

·
297kW User
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I like how the HSV look in black. If I were to do it the car would retain all stock badging, except the arrowhead on the trunk would be moved to between the two front grilles since it would have to be moved to accomodate the new spoiler.

In researching the HSV kit so far, I've only come across one place in Australia that sells the real HSV parts. For the necessary parts alone (entire HSV body kit) is about $6,000USD, that doesn't include shipping, or putting them on the car. Then expect to pay a few thousand more for the 18" HSV wheels.

Yowza.

·
297kW User
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
QIKMIK said:
The wheels on the Autocross look like the Monaro Series II/Series III stock rim.
They're the same wheel, only the logos are different.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I think the HSV looks WAY better than the Pontiac for several reasons:

Ducktail Spoiler - makes the car look long and sleek (reminds me of a BMW M3); the Autocross rear wing makes the ass look fat;

Rear Valence - looks light and aerodynamic with the big air extractors; the Autocross looks heavy (again);

Wheels - anything is better than the stock Pontiac wheels!

Front end - the HSV has a snarky front end; much more unique and cool looking than the blunt Pontiac nose;

My ideal car, styling-wise is the HSV Coupe 4. There are pictures of a silver one posted in other threads on here, but if someone wants to post it here, it looks GREAT. It includes a nice looking wheel arch treatment that makes up for the lack of any sort of flare to the wheel opening.

·
^^^^^^^^
434 Posts
who wants some of this ? :wall:

genuine HSV bodykit front and rear unpainted.

sideskirts

roofspoiler

rear spoiler (pic not available)

and rims... HSV V2 GTO 18"x8"

·
Registered
68 Posts
Dang! That's perfect!!

But how much? Probably $5k worth of parts, which I sure as hell can't afford... :(

·
90 in a 65
511 Posts
gimme gimme gimme!!!!!! :wall: where can i ge those at?!?!?! my GTO will get a HSV body kit on it for sure, i dont care how much its gonna cost - it would be a one of a kind on US roads, if anybody does do them i'm sure they are going to be rare...unless the aftermarket makes an identical kit.

·
297kW User
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
HSV_255GTO said:
gimme gimme gimme!!!!!! where can i ge those at?!?!?!
http://www.capa.com.au/

That's the only vendor I've found so far, and I quoted what the price was with the exchange rate. Their site claims these are real HSV body parts which are difficult to get in Australia if you don't own an HSV vehicle (they don't want rebodied Holdens running around lessening sales of HSV vehicles and diluting their brand).

I was thinking of getting this kit as well, and retaining all the GTO and Pontiac badging (so the car matches inside, out and on the documentation).

It really would be a one of a kind Pontiac. :cool:

You'll also need the HSV driving lights if you want to retain them and depending on where you live you may have to modify the new fascia to accept the side marker lamps by law.

All extra expenses to consider.

·
297kW User
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
CAPA's prices converted to US dollars.

HSV GTO body kit (front fascia, skirts, rear bumper, spoiler) - $6,643.62 USD

HSV GTO roof spoiler - $403.18 USD

HSV GTO 18" wheels - $2,880.15 USD

HSV GTS 19" wheels - $4,330.93 USD

Ouch. :drink:

·
Sewell Pontiac
300 Posts
Too bad the HSV GTO wheels don't come staggered like 18X8 and 18X9 if that was the case I would really be interested in those.

·
90 in a 65
511 Posts
wow thats expensive....its an option though. i wont be surpised though if a aftermaket company eventually produces a kit thats identical to HSV here in the US though....i'll hold tight for a bit yet

·
GTOholic
1,504 Posts
I didn't vote because it's a tie in my book. Each car has features I like. I prefer the HSV rear spoiler and sideskirts and I prefer the Autocross front grill. I DISLIKE the "four pipe" exhaust on the Autocross because it looks exactly like my '95 Grand Am. The car already looks like every other modern Pontiac. No sense in making it more so.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts