LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
Thost bastards get our best then drive planes into our buildings!

I don't get it!

·
Yes, it has a car seat
1,884 Posts
Re: Re: HSV with Chevrolet "SS-400 Series" badging

AnthonyHSV said:
Hmm no one got the hint...

This is speculation but...

The Car is LHD

The Car has a higher spec engine and parts then normal.

The Car has a wilder body kit

The Car is Orange..

Ummm ;)
Oh, I get it - since the TIDE Nascar won't be running Pontiac's, there'll be a limited edition Ricky Craven version? ;)

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
Re: Re: HSV with Chevrolet "SS-400 Series" badging

AnthonyHSV said:
Hmm no one got the hint...

This is speculation but...

The Car is LHD

The Car has a higher spec engine and parts then normal.

The Car has a wilder body kit

The Car is Orange..

Ummm ;)
Yea, I got the hint. But it's no different than any of the "other" concept vehicles GM parades about whether they are running or clay models. It's one of those "Gee, that's nice, I wish they'd produce it" cars.

It still doesn't change the fact that they show it at the mideast international autoshow to people who hate us. Sorry, that just bugs me to no end.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Re: Re: HSV with Chevrolet "SS-400 Series" badging

CMNTMXR57 said:
Yea, I got the hint. But it's no different than any of the "other" concept vehicles GM parades about whether they are running or clay models. It's one of those "Gee, that's nice, I wish they'd produce it" cars.

It still doesn't change the fact that they show it at the mideast international autoshow to people who hate us. Sorry, that just bugs me to no end.
I heard that Holden where considering droping the Chevy name in the ME because of the bad rep you guys have over there..

Then again since we jumped on the fight the Iraqi band wagon....I think they care now as much about us as you guys :rolleyes:

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
It's anything American they boycott over there. When the war first broke out, they boycotted McDonald's, boycotted Coca-Cola, etc, etc. But for some reason they still loved their Caddy's, Lincoln's and Hummer's.

Oh well, can't please 100% of the people 100% of the time.

·
Registered
67 Posts
"Middle east international auto show..."
Doesn't Holden already send commodore's over there badged as Chevy Impalas? I think this can explain why this car is being showed. I was excited, we all know the equinox, xlr, hummer h2, etc is well past concept, and the c16 is never going to be made. Then they throw in this Holden? Anyway thats what I think it is, another Holden rebadged as a chevy something in the middle east. All lhd, including the Holden Commodore Chevy Impala.

·
Registered
40 Posts
After September 11 sales of Holden built cars in the Middle East actually went up. People over there are not stupid, they know where they are made.

And referring to the the Saudi's as "bastards" is just not fair. They are not the people who flew planes into your buildings. I have a few friends from Saudi Arabia (here in Australia to go to university) and they don't hate America at all, I will admit there are places they prefer but.

But please don't label people just because they live that part of the world. There are many countries in the Middle East you know. This is like someone calling (hypothetically I mean) Americans bastards because of something a small extremist group in Mexico or Canada has dane. Surely you would think that unfair?

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
I never referred to a particular nation of people. You just took it that way because those who were in those planes happened to be from Saudi Arabia. I was using that loosely as an example of us given them a kick arse set of hardware wrapped in a great package from Australia and yet they spit on us!

Over in that part of the world we have FEW fans. I think you'll agree with me no matter what your friends' political or ideological views are. I've got friend's from India, Pakistan, and Zambia Africa whom routinely tell me about the faults of this country and about how we suck.

To those in the majority over there that hate us (American's), it's because of our lifestyles, wealth (although Saudi's and Kuwati's are wealthy societies), attitudes, the fact that women are treated equal, etc, etc. they do in fact refer to us as tyrants, bullies, and bastards. So I'm not phased in the least what they think as I'm used to it.

I'm upset however that they get a LS1 powered, 6 speed manualed, rear wheel driven Lumina/Impala and our domestic versions are front wheel driven, V6 powered, utlitarian transport.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Fair point, it is unfair that an American company should market these cars there, while not allowing them for sale in its home market.
It is unfortunate that the world is as divided as it is. UAE has faults IMHO, but we (western world) have no right condeming them for it (unless it directly effects us or is an obvious breach of basic human rights). When we step in and tell them how to live their lives, that is when they understandably get shitty with us (be that America, Australia, or just 'the west' in general).

1 - 17 of 17 Posts