LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Have Bar, Will Travel
9,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so figure there might as well be a thread for the other Dem running that not running but is running and making jokes and always on the news.

the biden.

joe the common man, or whatever the smurf else he's going to call him self as he rids his son's death up to the wild card slot.

I love that he gets more positive press than hildog and "he's not confirmed to be running"

so when is that deadline again? Honestly between the Dems in the hopper, I'd take Joe.

·
Jimmy Rustler
9,816 Posts
I've always liked Joe personally. Seems like a decent man but not necessarily someone I would trust at the helm. Would take him in a heartbeat over at least half of the R field and anyone currently in the running on the D side. So... :dunno:

·
Where am I?
1,028 Posts
Would love to see him win the Democrat side of the deal to ensure that if the Republicans don't get their shit together (the dipshits in the house aren't helping) Hildog or god forbid Sanders doesn't get it.

Would take Joe as a worst case scenario is what I'm getting at. Could probably find more shit to like about him than Obummer.

·
Born in a class 5 hurricane
11,467 Posts
I'm certain I like him more than any of the other Donk candidates. I'm just afraid I may like him more than any of the GOP candidates. None of this says I really like him, just the choices available.

·
It's simple physics
3,733 Posts
He puts up with a ton of ribbing. Love The Onion with all the Biden in jail, Biden thrown out on White House lawn, duck taped, by passing limo, Biden looking for new dog that looks just like Obama's; Biden driving Trans Am and wearing concert shirts; etc... etc... Today's was Biden being issued third presidential pardon of the year while fighting with police wearing an Icehouse t-shirt.

I think he's got some positives. Would like to see him go through the vetting process.

LR

·
Porch Dick
20,270 Posts
To me, his most "likable" characteristic is that he's so dumb it's almost cute.

The VP typically props up and defends the POTUS' policies, not challenge them, and I haven't seen much yet to suggest Biden has any new, different ideas. With that, what way, of any significance, does he diverge from what we've had the last 8 years?

·
move the eff over
7,196 Posts
Dumb ? Hardly. Just lacks the usual political savvy for a guy in his position. Sometimes lets clutch out on mouth before he has brain in gear. Frankly, I had no opinion of him as relates to his intelligence until I watched him annihilate Failin Palin during the debates years ago.

Sure, it was like shooting fish in a barrel. But the way he surgically carved her up, without being mean spirited was impressive... at least to me. And when he had her pinned to the mat, he reached down and helped her back up, almost like he was embarrassed for her, and felt badly about it.

Of all the big time "politicians", he strikes me as the most transparent.

·
Pirate Spud
1,241 Posts
Dumb ? Hardly. Just lacks the usual political savvy for a guy in his position. Sometimes lets clutch out on mouth before he has brain in gear. Frankly, I had no opinion of him as relates to his intelligence until I watched him annihilate Failin Palin during the debates years ago.

Sure, it was like shooting fish in a barrel. But the way he surgically carved her up, without being mean spirited was impressive... at least to me. And when he had her pinned to the mat, he reached down and helped her back up, almost like he was embarrassed for her, and felt badly about it.

Of all the big time "politicians", he strikes me as the most transparent.
Wasn't that the debate where good ol' Joe said basically, 'who cares if Iran gets the bomb, they don't have a missile to put it on top of.'?

·
Porch Dick
20,270 Posts
If looking smart next to Sarah Palin is a measure of intelligence, the entire US government ought to be awaiting their certificate to the Mensa Society.

But on the topic of debates, I thought Biden looked foolish giggling his way through the debate with Paul Ryan.

·
It's simple physics
3,733 Posts
Palin... that's like a bad blind drunk memory.... bjlakjboieakjsdklerfjslkejr and a shiver.

LR

·
1LE
13,384 Posts
One problem I see is the relationship between the Dem platform and Biden.

He just admitted that life starts at conception, and with that, allowing abortion is allowing murder. I'm pretty sure for the Dems, life starts at the sentencing hearing.

·
DW can't take a J... or a D
2,312 Posts
I agree. I think he's actually quite intelligent, he just doesn't have the night-show personality that others do.

·
Have Bar, Will Travel
9,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
If looking smart next to Sarah Palin is a measure of intelligence, the entire US government ought to be awaiting their certificate to the Mensa Society.

But on the topic of debates, I thought Biden looked foolish giggling his way through the debate with Paul Ryan.
"his" constituents ate it up though. and those are the people that would leave hilldog or sander camp to vote for him.

IMO.

either way though who would be his running mate if he got that far - hopefully not hilldog.

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
I've disliked Biden ever since the Clarence Thomas hearings. Hell, this is the guy who commended Obama for being clean.
Racist asshole.

1 - 20 of 101 Posts