LS1GTO.com Forums banner

41 - 60 of 101 Posts

·
Here for the Gangbang
2,124 Posts
Eight generations ago? Shit, I would wager a significant portion of the US has that level of Native American lineage.

·
Porch Dick
20,270 Posts
Eight generations ago? Shit, I would wager a significant portion of the US has that level of Native American lineage.
That appears to be playing itself out.

According to this study conducted with the help of 23andMe (same place that 'validated' Warren's claims), the average European American is 0.18% Native American. Warren's 'victory' is that she is possibly 1/1024th Native American*, which is just .098%. This isn't turning out to be the mic drop she thought it was. She's possibly less Native American than the average person :lol:.

https://geneticliteracyproject.org/2015/01/07/claims-that-us-is-a-genetic-melting-pot-appear-overblown-if-youre-white/

Now in the largest study of its kind conducted so far, researchers at 23andMe and Harvard University have published the results of a genetic analysis of ancestry among the American people.

The study itself is quite impressive, conducted with 160,000 people who agreed to allow their data to be used anonymously for research purposes when they submitted their DNA for analysis with 23andMe. Such huge sample numbers, which are “an order of magnitude bigger” according to an author of the study, allows for a much more thorough analysis than ever before, helping the authors produce a detailed geographical map of ancestry in the United States.

-------

With respect to European Americans, the percentages are much more different than African Americans or Latinos, with European American genomes being 98.6 percent European, 0.19 percent African and 0.18 percent Native American.

*If the 8 generations guess is accurate, it means .39%, which obviously beats the average. Still hilarious.

·
Here for the Gangbang
2,124 Posts
Why are we so committed to castigating people of European descent? No, really.

I know exactly where at least one side of my family tree was at the outset of the 20th century: Germany on my grandmother's side and Britain on my grandfather's. Neither of them participated in either of the World Wars from that side of the skirmish and for damned sure, neither of them owned slaves here in the US or massacred Native Americans.

Surely, *my* family isn't a statistical outlier.

·
The Entenmann's Shim-Sham
12,143 Posts

I know exactly where at least one side of my family tree was at the outset of the 20th century: Germany on my grandmother's side and Britain on my grandfather's. Neither of them participated in either of the World Wars from that side of the skirmish and for damned sure, neither of them owned slaves here in the US or massacred Native Americans.

Because....

·
Born in a class 5 hurricane
11,467 Posts
If she thinks it necessary to get DNA testing done and release it publicly, Trump has done an especially effective job of trolling her.

·
Administrator
9,414 Posts
The whole thing is ridiculous. IMO if she can’t produce a document that shows she meets the 1/8th(?) rule needed to claim you are heritage Native American to use it as a way to be part of a tribe officially thean she can pretty much go f her hat.

Edit: I don’t know if this is something but is there any legal clause in IRS tax law that gives you a benefit for claiming you are one race or another? That would be one heck of a way to go out if she was claiming her heritage not only to further her career or but also on her taxes.... lol Al Capone what?

·
Registered
330 Posts
Whaddaya know. Somewhere between a great, great, great, greatparent and a great, great, great, great, great, great, great, greatparent she might actually have a native American in her family tree.
Think you forgot an additional great.

No Native American lineage listed on my DNA report. :(

I have 9% Northwestern Europe and 5% Southwestern Europe. Need to figure out who to claim :lol:

·
Porch Dick
20,270 Posts
The whole thing is ridiculous. IMO if she can’t produce a document that shows she meets the 1/8th(?) rule needed to claim you are heritage Native American to use it as a way to be part of a tribe officially thean she can pretty much go f her hat.

Edit: I don’t know if this is something but is there any legal clause in IRS tax law that gives you a benefit for claiming you are one race or another? That would be one heck of a way to go out if she was claiming her heritage not only to further her career or but also on her taxes.... lol Al Capone what?
She even produced a video to release the results. :gr_jest:

·
Here for the Gangbang
2,124 Posts
What I'm getting out of this, based on the total lack of outrage on the part of the university she attended as a 'Native American' is that anyone at any time can claim WTFever they want to get reduced tuition.

If you're so much as .4% African American - or no one can prove that you're not - check that motherfucking box and get you some education.

·
Here for the Gangbang
2,124 Posts
Think of the scholarship opportunities that open up when you can claim you are African American AND Native American from eight generations back. I bet you can come out of a PhD with them paying you instead of student loan debt.

·
Omertà
5,296 Posts
Edit: I don’t know if this is something but is there any legal clause in IRS tax law that gives you a benefit for claiming you are one race or another?
No.

·
Omertà
5,296 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
"A DNA test is useless to determine tribal citizenship. Current DNA tests do not even distinguish whether a person's ancestors were indigenous to North or South America. Sovereign tribal nations set their own legal requirements for citizenship, and while DNA tests can be used to determine lineage, such as paternity to an individual, it is not evidence for tribal affiliation. Using a DNA test to lay claim to any connection to the Cherokee Nation or any tribal nation, even vaguely, is inappropriate and wrong. It makes a mockery out of DNA tests and its legitimate uses while also dishonoring legitimate tribal governments and their citizens, who ancestors are well documented and whose heritage is prove. Senator Warren is undermining tribal interests with her continued claims of tribal heritage."

- Cherokee Nation Secretary of State Chuck Hoskin, Jr.

·
Here for the Gangbang
2,124 Posts
As an information security professional and privacy advocate, I am staunchly opposed to giving over my DNA to an organization that profits from it.

But I think I might just do this. If I can find anything more than 0.3% Native American heritage in my background, you can bet your ass I'm sending the report and an application in to Harvard Law. :lol:

·
Administrator
18,848 Posts

I like the way you think.

:rofl:

·
Porch Dick
20,270 Posts

Attachments

41 - 60 of 101 Posts