LS1GTO.com Forums banner

81 - 100 of 121 Posts

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
I have contacted them directly and the response was always the same. They always say the will be releasing more information shortly. Just look back to the first post in this thread. It was over a year ago. They have been talking a good game but not actually producing anything so far. I hope they are serious about it this time.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I have contacted them directly and the response was always the same. They always say the will be releasing more information shortly. Just look back to the first post in this thread. It was over a year ago. They have been talking a good game but not actually producing anything so far. I hope they are serious about it this time.
Your point? They did design it and tested it. A year really isnt that long. At 5k thats cheap too.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I couldn't wait I put a procharger on my car and have been loving it. I could always change setups at the same time I do a forged short block though:gears:

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
They started talking about this kit on this forum back in august of 2017. They were saying information would be coming in the coming months. Then a new post would pop up each time saying the same thing. Well there have been something like 20 months since then. So I will remain skeptical of this companies ability to be truthful here until I see an actual product for sale.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
I fail to see what they designed since it looks like they tried their hardest to use the aps design

·
LS9 FTW
212 Posts
This has come to fruition. My '05 has been selected as a pre-production car for the TT setup. Will keep the forum updated with progress. Start date is July '19.
NICE, and it's a MBM :drool:! Keep us updated and be sure to have a solid fuel system setup.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just talked to Jon, and he said in July, which is when I planned on buying my turbo parts. I work right down the street from them and hope they come through with this kit.

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Again they have been teasing this for 2 years at first it was every other month they would say information in the coming months. Then lame excuses about the f body group buy and then nothing. They are unable to be straight with the people on this forum.

·
I deserve to be BLOWN!!!
1,481 Posts
I'd just buy a decent 110v MIG and build my own in the garage using all the proven stock manifolds.

Also,
The APS kit has a unique Turbine housing footprint. It's a cross between a T3 and T4 and not any ol' turbo will mount to it's flange without cutting and welding a new flange on each side.
I do believe there's a company that makes upgraded turbo's (Forgot who) but I don't know if they still offer them or not since APS went bust many years ago.

I will say, HS has a get rep. and I wouldn't hesitate to buy one of these IF they actually hit the market. I just wish I could get a larger (65-68mm compressor, 65+ Turbine outlet) on there, even if it meant adding external wastegates.
Hmmm, if they're willing to sell the hot side, I might just fab all of this myself as I REALLY like the turbo's down low behind the engine!

Come on HS! Let's get a REAL Turbo setup for our GTO's!

Not a cheap copy of my first TT setup, **Cough UPP*** :nono:

·
HOLD ON WILLIS
121 Posts
Guys I am receiving the 2nd prototype kit in July(deposit has been made). Huron speed is still bringing this kit to market. I will start a build thread once I receive the kit. FYI there will be turbo upgrades as well.

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Dont hold your breath

·
Need To Drive More
1,458 Posts
Heard back, "still on track for this month (July), I plan to get you parts shipped by the end of the month!"

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Well it is almost halfway thru august. What happened to "still on track for this month"? Which was July by the way.

·
Need To Drive More
1,458 Posts
August 1st, "just waiting on the intercoolers to finish up and the turbos, which should be end of next week. Turbos just had a delay on the turbine wheels."

:mrrg:

Dont hold your breath
About to pass out.

·
Need To Drive More
1,458 Posts
Just caught my breath. Turbos, piping, and miscellaneous items due to arrive end of this week. Already have the tracking number. The intercooler is shipping separately.

Also, another person received their setup and has a pic of the turbos on FB > GTO Drag Racers group.

·
Vendor
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #97 (Edited)
We have a handful of kits out to customers now and will be taking orders on more for anyone else interested with a current lead time of 4-6 weeks. We will be doing our best to get some on the shelf as well here soon to prevent wait times. Thanks to those that have stuck with us on this project, I think you will really enjoy the kits and hope the rest of the community here like having another twin turbo option available! I have the kit up on the website now, anyone from here interested we are offering $500 off the kit currently plus $249 credited to make shipping free for the 6 week build time! $749 off, use code: EarlyGTO . Or if interested you can always contact me at: [email protected]

·
Registered
13 Posts
We have a handful of kits out to customers now and will be taking orders on more for anyone else interested with a current lead time of 4-6 weeks. We will be doing our best to get some on the shelf as well here soon to prevent wait times. Thanks to those that have stuck with us on this project, I think you will really enjoy the kits and hope the rest of the community here like having another twin turbo option available! I will have the kit on the website for outright purchase there when we have some on the shelf, in the mean time if interested please contact me at: [email protected]
Is there any pictures of the kit anywhere?

·
Vendor
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
Is there any pictures of the kit anywhere?
Yes, we have some up on our website. Is there anything in particular you would like to see? I will be happy to get anything you need

·
Registered
73 Posts
Yes, we have some up on our website. Is there anything in particular you would like to see? I will be happy to get anything you need
Cool thanks

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

81 - 100 of 121 Posts