LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
burnout silver star award :)
Joined
·
2,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it was in the pile of parts to install so i figured it would be easier to do before the motor was in. it definatley feels way better then stock. in my opinion it feels just like the gmm.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
8,940 Posts
No way ! Hurst finally shipped ? Wow, i thought that product was dead, no doubt as many of us did. Good for you Muff, congrats.
 

·
Bye Bye GTO
Joined
·
2,462 Posts
:confused: :huh:
 

·
burnout silver star award :)
Joined
·
2,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wango-z-tango said:
No way ! Hurst finally shipped ? Wow, i thought that product was dead, no doubt as many of us did. Good for you Muff, congrats.

well the hurst for the gto didnt ship. this one was meant for a f-body but modified to work on my vehicle :) i figured it would get a few people riled up...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
285 Posts
Muff Daddy,
Would you provide us with some insight about the actual product? How is the quality? Is the stock shift knob used? How does the shifter compare to the B&M shifter? Any outstanding features or design points that are different from B&M?
I am sure inquiring minds want to know. Thanks in advance.
Dennis

EDIT: AHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAA damn it.
 

·
burnout silver star award :)
Joined
·
2,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the best part is i paid 60 bucks for it!!
 

·
burnout silver star award :)
Joined
·
2,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dennis said:
Muff Daddy,
Would you provide us with some insight about the actual product? How is the quality? Is the stock shift knob used? How does the shifter compare to the B&M shifter? Any outstanding features or design points that are different from B&M?
I am sure inquiring minds want to know. Thanks in advance.
Dennis

well i used the stock stick instead of the one that came with the kit because the stocker was a bit shorter in length. this way i was able to retain the stock knob. if i ever wanted to go to a threaded aftermarket knob i can just swap sticks.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
8,940 Posts
You have to love good ole' American ingenuity, Muff ! That makes your Hurst pioneerism even more impressive. "The Man" said you couldn't have a Hurst in your GTO, so you went ahead and did it anyway ...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
414 Posts
insights on "how to"?
 

·
RIP George...
Joined
·
2,163 Posts
Hehe. You had to stir the pot didn't you. I'm glad you like the shifter. I actually tried it out on my car before I shipped it back to the original owner. It worked just fine and I think there's a thread on here somewhere about it. It still boggles my mind why these companies had to complicate things so much and try to re-invent the wheel. The simple direct design of the GMM works fine, all they had to do was revise the base and make an offset piece for the handle and we could have had a nice selection of shifters for our cars.
 

·
burnout silver star award :)
Joined
·
2,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Striped04 said:
Hehe. You had to stir the pot didn't you. I'm glad you like the shifter. I actually tried it out on my car before I shipped it back to the original owner. It worked just fine and I think there's a thread on here somewhere about it. It still boggles my mind why these companies had to complicate things so much and try to re-invent the wheel. The simple direct design of the GMM works fine, all they had to do was revise the base and make an offset piece for the handle and we could have had a nice selection of shifters for our cars.

the original owner ended up not installing it. he put in a ripshifter and sold me this one. i have driven his and i got to say i dont see much of a difference on feel. i guess time will tell when i get it back on the road. one things for sure, definatley a huge improvement over stock!!
 

·
A Million miles and counting
Joined
·
363 Posts
It can't be the same as my GMM, just can't be. Glad you like it, I'll be there to test drive it. Now wait, does this mean I won't be selling you my GMM when it comes out? I was thinking I might try to cram it in the Corvette, but I really don't think that will work.
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top