·
Oh So Close
2,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #21

·
sunny50
23 Posts
Easy fix for defrost only

While pressure-washing my engine I knocked off/broke vacuum line going from engine to firewall(the top one). Could only get defrost on climate control afterwards. I drove myself nuts trying to rerun the vacuum line at the firewall. It's very tight quarters behind the dash where this line comes in. After reading all the above posts I just ran a new vacuum line from the engine side(leaving in check-ball piece) to the vacuum reservoir located above the gas pedal. there are two lines to the reservoir, a black one and a white one. Just disconnect the black one,set it out of the way, and plug in the new vacuum hose. I ran the new vacuum hose through the firewall where the hood-release cable goes through. You just have to pry the sealing grommet around it out of the way. Thank you all for the posts that helped me with this problem.

·
<--Dis dudebrahguy right here
4,815 Posts
Pez/Anyone what does that green vacuum line plug into?

·
Black Sheep Squadron
1,534 Posts
Okay, the green line goes to an actuator behind the dash. If you pull out your cluster, you can see the canister and the actuator arm. I had to use a mirror to see where to attach the line, but it's right there.

Now I'm not getting any vacuum to any of my lines. I checked the intake manifold and the a/c vacuum line is attached and connected where it passes through the firewall, now I just have to follow that through the firewall and see why I'm not getting any suction. :(

·
Registered
269 Posts
i had a similar issue, its good to read about this..

My issue had the exact same senario, however it turned out to be the small vac line on the back of the intake manifold. It uses a 45 degree vac elbow. That elbow had a crack in the bend and was not pulling any air, therefore the climate zone control would not work..

·
Capitol City GTOs
516 Posts
It started with no controls at the dash, found when we replaced the intake, we crushed the check valve. Replaced and controls worked for a week, then stopped again. After troubleshooting found no vacuum at the tank under the dash. I used a #12 solid wire, pushed it through the firewall, found it under the dash, pulled back the black vacuum hose, taped it to the #12 wire, pulled it back through the firewall, and connected it to the check valve. All the controls work correctly.....

·
Registered
3,930 Posts
Fixed - Pictures

Took a few pics of the box where the line popped out; just in case anyone else runs into this problem.

Here is the box - take out one screw and the box drops down. Has two lines going to it; both covered with a padded adhesive material.

This connection had popped out - plugged back in and AC works great.

Reinstalled box...
Just in case you or anybody else sees this- where does that green hose next to the black and white hoses go to? Mine is disconnected. Thanks
Joe

21 - 30 of 30 Posts