LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this is my last quarter of college and I cannot believe I'm finally graduating. Anyway, my last final was this morning at 9:10 and the class was a joke. The teacher didn't know how to speak English and no one could understand him. Let alone, he said that if we did all the HW in the class, the worst we could do is get a B. Seeing that I did all the HW and got an 89 on the first midterm I didn't really study.

I end up going to bed a 2 with my alarm set for 8am. I go to turn over in my bed and I look at the clock and it says 9:30. I do a double take and literally sit there for a minute or so thinking "Do I have a final today? Isn't it at 9:10?" and then it finally clicks in my head that I'm late and missing it lol. I literally grabbed my keys, didn't even brush my teeth or changed my clothes and drove to the school and took the test.

I just thought to myself how lucky I was to have woken up just 20-30 minutes late into the final and how shitty it would have been if I had slept through the last final of my college career and couldn't have graduated!

Anyway, I'm all done! Graduation is Saturday. Still hasn't hit me that I'm done.

End Story

·
Barbie Jet driver
5,735 Posts
Still hasn't hit me that I'm done.
It's pretty anti-climactic when it does. Just enjoy that weird, kind of numb feeling right now of "My god, no more school for the rest of my life."

People say they wish they could go back. All I know is that after 2 years of being a college graduate, I don't miss it that much. Sometimes I think it would be cool to go back and study religion and philosophy just for my own personal intrigue, but I don't think I'll ever really do it.

·
New home track: Nürburgring
3,590 Posts
People say they wish they could go back. All I know is that after 2 years of being a college graduate, I don't miss it that much.
I miss college, but not school. :D

I stayed up late one night, we'll call it "playing online poker". Woke up at 10 AM for a 9 AM final. Walked into the tiered-seating-style classroom all disheveled. Classmates looked at me thinking "what an idiot." Teacher's not there, so I ask the class where the F is he, and of course no one knows/responds. I shuffle through the papers on his desk and find a test, then head up to find a seat, at which time the prof comes into the classroom. We say "Hey, what's up" to each other like it's no big deal that I'm late and look like hell, and I proceed to ace his exam. :D I even managed to finish before a handful of students that were actually on time.

I've got a few other great stories, including going to the wrong/early class because my alarm clock was set to a different time zone, falling on my face from hitting a crack in the sidewalk while skateboarding, and getting a 7% on a calculus exam for reasons I don't even know why. But I'll have to save the details for another time. :p

Congrats on the big accomplishment, Brian. I leave you with this:

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Greg I had the same thing hah. I ran into class and the teacher wasn't there and I asked my friend where the F he was and no one knew where he went. I was walking around Lucas Hall trying to find him and he goes "your test is on my desk" so I basically run back to the classroom and take the exam.

Oh well, already have that job lined up, so I'm not worried!

·
www.Norcalgoats.com
1,425 Posts
Congrats man.. my last final for this quarter is tonight and I'm pretty much F'd on it.. we have to write 3 separate in-class essays on different factors of global economics.. I spent 5 hours TRYING to study last night and I could not focus at all. If I don't pass this class I'm gonna be pissed. Our whole grade is based on our midterm and our final. I got a B on the midterm so if I can pull off a B on the final I'll be pretty stoked.

·
Carbon Feaver
3,602 Posts
Haha, College was some good times. Way better than high school.

Great story Greg. I look forward to some of them this weekend! Haha

Anyone object to me bringing beer? :drink:

Edit: Oh yea, and congrats Brian! It's true, it is somewhat anti-climatic. Although, you'll realize how much more relaxed you are going forward. It'll also be difficult to maintain a full schedule. I feel as though my days off are sometimes wasted now, instead of doing homework like before.

God I'm glad I'm done with College. I'm crazy for wanting to go bad for my masters next year... haha

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I graduated with a double major in accounting and information systems. I accepted a job offer with a Big 4 accounting firm after my junior year so senior year really was a time to really enjoy college by knowing I have a job already lined up when I graduate.

I don't start until October 5th so I have no idea what I am going to do in the mean time. I will probably go back to my part time job I used to work for from my junior year in high school until my junior year in college. Teaching 3-12 year olds soccer, so easy and fun.

·
Carbon Feaver
3,602 Posts
... I wish I didn't have to work while I went to school... lol

Maybe my reference to what it's going to be like isn't quite the same as you'll experience. I was used to long days at work, long nights at school, and everything in-between was homework/projects. I never had a break, including being way too involved with after school activities, clubs, and mentoring of other students.

It was a crazy adjustment to just be working, even if it is 50-70hrs per week.

·
Registered
10 Posts
congrats! now you can go out and get the same job a non college grad can get. So what kind of f'd up college has a non English speaking teacher in it? sounds like :bs:

·
I do cocaine!
4,977 Posts
congrats! now you can go out and get the same job a non college grad can get. So what kind of f'd up college has a non English speaking teacher in it? sounds like :bs:
:confused:

Have you ever been to a large state university? I think U of Illinois had more non-english speaking professors than english speakers.

·
Carbon Feaver
3,602 Posts
And this douche popped up again... lol

·
2005 GTO Midnight Blue M6
671 Posts
I graduated with a double major in accounting and information systems. I accepted a job offer with a Big 4 accounting firm after my junior year so senior year really was a time to really enjoy college by knowing I have a job already lined up when I graduate.

I don't start until October 5th so I have no idea what I am going to do in the mean time. I will probably go back to my part time job I used to work for from my junior year in high school until my junior year in college. Teaching 3-12 year olds soccer, so easy and fun.
Dude, take a bow! Congratulations! Enjoy the summer, you will be on a merry-go-round come October.
My daughters graduation from the Univ of Washington MPAcc program is tonight and she starts at KPMG in Seattle on October 5 too. I worked for EY for 15 years so I understand your situation.
As I said, take a bow! Nicely done.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Dude, take a bow! Congratulations! Enjoy the summer, you will be on a merry-go-round come October.
My daughters graduation from the Univ of Washington MPAcc program is tonight and she starts at KPMG in Seattle on October 5 too. I worked for EY for 15 years so I understand your situation.
As I said, take a bow! Nicely done.
Thanks for the well wishes and congrats to your daughter, I am working for KPMG too. I'm pretty sure we have a late start date because we will be kept off their books as far as cost goes. We are being thrown right into a year end, so we are going to start off running!

Does she also have national training in Orlando, Florida in November? I think all first years have their training there, just like how all of us had intern training in Southern California last summer.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts