LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Sewell Pontiac
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys Jason here from Sewell. Well I sold my Z06 and bought a GTO Black/Red 6 speed. I knew I was going to buy one sometime but just got the itch and had to scratch it. So bring on the GTO get togethers I am in.

Jason Feuerberg
Sewell Pontiac

·
Sewell Pontiac
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hey Jon could you change my username to GTOJ or is it already taken?

·
Premium Member
8,773 Posts
Z06J said:
Hey guys Jason here from Sewell. Well I sold my Z06 and bought a GTO Black/Red 6 speed. I knew I was going to buy one sometime but just got the itch and had to scratch it. So bring on the GTO get togethers I am in.

Jason Feuerberg
Sewell Pontiac
:thumbs:
Jason Its nice to se a salesperson buy one :D

If you don't mine what did you pay?
PLEASE DON''T MAKE US CRY IN OUR SOUP :drink:

·
Sewell Pontiac
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I was fortunate enough to be allowed to pay GMS. They let me pay GMS because I have been working here for awhile now and I really wanted to GTO. Thanks for the comments.

·
Yes, it has a car seat
1,884 Posts
Congrats - and welcome to the club.
Dan

·
American Iron Horse
406 Posts
Congrats Jason!

·
Sewell Pontiac
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys I can't wait to take the car home today.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
I see that the salesman took good care of himself also!!!
:thumbs:

·
PC load letter?
236 Posts
Let me get this right..... you sold your Z06 for a GTO?

Don't get me wrong, my Goat will be here in 5 weeks and I can't wait, but a Z06 is more of a sports car. I assume you wanted more "practicality" for a daily driver?

I looked a Z06 pretty hard before I decided on the GTO so that's why I ask.

·
Sewell Pontiac
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just got tired of the Z06. Don't get me wrong I only put 3500 miles on it last year but just got tired of it and the GTO is perfect. It cruises well and has room for a couple of more people. I like the subtle look of it and the fit and finish. Also the fit and finish is a lot better than the Z06 even though it is more expensive vehicle. You are waiting for the right car and also next year the new Vette comes out and we all know what happens when a new body style comes out(the value of the car goes down in a hurry). You are getting the better of the two trust me.

·
Registered
349 Posts
FWIW, I sold an S2000 in preparation to get a GTO. Like Jason and his Z06, I sort of got tired of the S2000. It was probably one of the most fun cars I've ever driven, but it was way too impractical. I have a wife and 2 kids, so a 2 seater is just too restrictive. The only reason I got it in the first place was that I also kept my pick-up, and I found myself driving the pick-up far more often than I thought I would. Also, the stiffness of the ride and the tight ****pit made the car not very comfortable in regular day-to-day traffic. I suspect that these were the same sorts of reasons why Jason got rid of is Z06.

One more thing. My kids test sat the rear seats of a GTO at the autoshow and said that they are more comfortable than the ones in my wife's Bonneville -- although I have to admit they didn't really pay attention to how much harder they were to get in and out of.

Now if I can just figure out how to get my new fun car here more quickly.

·
Premium Member
1,911 Posts
GTOJ said:

Jason Feuerberg
Sewell Pontiac
Awesome, you're going to love it. I've had mine for about 2 weeks and I still all smiles.

As for get togethers, some of us midwesterners are planning a trip to Kansas city, you're invited if want to come. So is anyone else for that matter. See the post in the Midwest section.

·
Sewell Pontiac
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey Thanatos thanks for the invite I will check out the post. Hey also I just want to give you guys the heads up on the Pontiac Southern Nationals. My dealership Sewell is one of the main sponsors for the event. It is going to fall in May. I would like to get a good group of GTO owners to the event so I will definitely be posting the exact dates. Oh and yes Tigger I did just get tired of the impraticality of the Z06. Again the quality of the GTO is so much better.

·
large member
105 Posts
So Jason, you liked mine enought to buy the other one just like it eh? Hey congrats man. Bottom line on the GTO v. the Z06, its not quite as quick but about 100 percent more practical. Also, very stealthy. Its funny when you pull up to a light and some people dont notice, then they do a double take and after the light turns green they drive along (usually in your blind spot) so they can watch the GTO on the road a while. Pretty interesting

·
Sewell Pontiac
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yep you are correct Jim I liked yours so much I had to have my own. You are right the GTO is so much more pratical than the Z06 and I still can't get over how much better quality the GTO is than the Z06. I took it to so people that work at our Infiniti and Lexus store and they couldn't get over the fact that the GTO is a Pontiac. Everyone commented how well the interior was laid out. To comments out of those guys on my little GTO makes me feel really good and should make all of you other GTO owners feel good. The people that looked at the car sell Lexus and Infiniti and just couldn't get over the fact that the GTO is a Pontiac. Yesterday taking the car home I got a lot of stares and some lady on the Tollroad gave me the thumbs up and said "right on" it was pretty cool. Then she rolled down her window so she could hear the GTO. This car is more fun than I thought.

·
Master of Youngrushhour
4,318 Posts
Jason - excellent - it is great seeing dealers buy it. Gives the rest of us that warm comfy feeling that this car is a really a winner when the pros pick up on it. Enjoy yourself - I know I have since I got mine in mid January.

Steve

1 - 20 of 20 Posts