LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
See I have had maggie for about 5 days now. I have this problem, it seems I want more power.....I think I have become sick. The mod bug has really kicked in and I wonder if I can ever stop. This is an expensive addiction.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Dbluegoat said:
See I have had maggie for about 5 days now. I have this problem, it seems I want more power.....I think I have become sick. The mod bug has really kicked in and I wonder if I can ever stop. This is an expensive addiction.
The first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Dbluegoat said:
How much of a diff have you noticed on the streets???

·
21,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dmonty said:
How much of a diff have you noticed on the streets???
well considering I got the car back friday and only drove it saturday and then not again until yesterday.......I have real short trips to work so for around town stuff you really would not even know its there. Of course a few times I jump off a light to make sure she still screams. So far I love it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Dbluegoat said:
Yes, I agree. I feel I have come down with this same sickness !!!

I know my wife definately thinks so.....

First the exhaust, then the suspension, then the diff gears, then the tune, then the wheels, then the maggie.....will it ever stop ?

I hope not..... :)

·
Can't help ya, Sorry.
14,481 Posts
Dblue,

How does she sound? Can you hear Maggie under the hood? All the time or just under acceleration? Is it a whine? a hum?

Thanks

·
Can't help ya, Sorry.
14,481 Posts
Did I shame you last weekend? :D

Loud mouth and headers and you will wake the dead...

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
sxty8goats said:
Did I shame you last weekend? :D

Loud mouth and headers and you will wake the dead...
and scare the living bejeepers out of everyone else. HAHA

·
21,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
sxty8goats said:
Dblue,

How does she sound? Can you hear Maggie under the hood? All the time or just under acceleration? Is it a whine? a hum?

Thanks
No you dont even notice her until you start really accelerating, above 4000 she really whines.....on the dyno last saturday she really screams more than even whines......did you see the video clip with sound from the dyno? At idle you dont hear her and even in traffic she really is the ultimate sleeper.

·
Can't help ya, Sorry.
14,481 Posts
Sweet. I didn't DL the dyno vid I'm going to look for it now. I love SC power but I don't like the wine at idle and low RPM.

Thanks again...

·
Can't help ya, Sorry.
14,481 Posts
04redgto said:
No, it was planned for awhile just was waiting on a check.
Sweet.. You are going to be the sneeky one:sneaky: The guy who sudenly has the fastest car in town and says he has a "Noisy Alternator" or "Not much,:secret:just a little exhaust work"

·
71-GTO
220 Posts
How reliable are these for daily drivers, how many miles can you expect to get out of your engine with it? and lastly...what about gas milage?

Tom :cool:

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
GTO-TOM said:
How reliable are these for daily drivers, how many miles can you expect to get out of your engine with it? and lastly...what about gas milage?

it seems that you can expect some pretty long life of your LS1 even if it is blown.
http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5902&highlight=longetivity

the HPP article stated that at idle, the magnacharger only requires .25 hp to spin. so im guessing that gas mileage at cruise will be nearly unaffected. this is one of the beauties of a supercharger.
now when you stomp it..........what gas mileage? ;)

·
21,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
GTO-TOM said:

I have been told with only 6psi there should be no negative long terms effects and gas mileage is the same if you drive it normally :gr_jest: something about wanting to hear her scream in ectasy though makes you want to give it to her so that lowers the mileage a bit.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Man do I know this feeling. Even my wife is bugging when i am getting the Long Tube Headers and Catback. Heck she is even asking when I plan to drop in a blower CAM. So much for saving money with getting just a blower. Kinda weighing if I want it to be that noticable LTH and a CAM will make it. Kinda nice having it a sleeper.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts