LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
The Ghost & the Darkness
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
"I was just mindin my own bizznezzzz when............."

Title says it all... a little spicey (BURP!) but digested nicely!

Coming home down the 5 through Woodland Hills and North Hollywood grooving to my tunes and bottled up in traffic at 60 mph.

Saw an opening and I took it. Jumped in the #2 lane and coaxed her to 80 and spied something in my rearview mirror hanging off my bumper like a Keystone cop. A damn black RX-8 of all things!

Did someone abuse this boy as a child? Didn't anyone tell him 238 quarter horses don't equal 350 stallions?

I let out a sly chuckle and floored it, taking her to 100 in no time; slicing thru traffic and the wind like a whistling blade. This piece of black rag fell off my bumper and dove for the slow lanes, weaving and bobbing thru traffic like a ping pong ball gone mad! Guess I pissed him off.

Traffic cleared in front of us as we pulled into Burbank, he trying to flank the goat from the right. NOT! I floored the lady and she growled as the broken white lines blurred into solids... the black fly getting smaller in the rear view mirror.

The boy wouldn't give up. He flashed thru traffic in the slow lanes again (that RX-8 does handle pretty well) cutting in front of cars and trucks like a mad man. By this time, I figured he's called enough attention to himself and the goat so I let her coast down to the flow of traffic (since the traffic closed in at Victory Blvd anyway) and let him get stuck in the heavy traffic like it was fly paper.

He was suitably frustrated as I pulled along side and let the goat gurgle in his ear as she digested the spicey RX-8 meal offered to her. Of course I made sure he saw my satisfied grin as he picked up the check for dinner! :secret:

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
redgtosamurai said:
Title says it all... a little spicey (BURP!) but digested nicely!

Coming home down the 5 through Woodland Hills and North Hollywood grooving to my tunes and bottled up in traffic at 60 mph.

Saw an opening and I took it. Jumped in the #2 lane and coaxed her to 80 and spied something in my rearview mirror hanging off my bumper like a Keystone cop. A damn black RX-8 of all things!

Did someone abuse this boy as a child? Didn't anyone tell him 238 quarter horses don't equal 350 stallions?

I let out a sly chuckle and floored it, taking her to 100 in no time; slicing thru traffic and the wind like a whistling blade. This piece of black rag fell off my bumper and dove for the slow lanes, weaving and bobbing thru traffic like a ping pong ball gone mad! Guess I pissed him off.

Traffic cleared in front of us as we pulled into Burbank, he trying to flank the goat from the right. NOT! I floored the lady and she growled as the broken white lines blurred into solids... the black fly getting smaller in the rear view mirror.

The boy wouldn't give up. He flashed thru traffic in the slow lanes again (that RX-8 does handle pretty well) cutting in front of cars and trucks like a mad man. By this time, I figured he's called enough attention to himself and the goat so I let her coast down to the flow of traffic (since the traffic closed in at Victory Blvd anyway) and let him get stuck in the heavy traffic like it was fly paper.

He was suitably frustrated as I pulled along side and let the goat gurgle in his ear as she digested the spicey RX-8 meal offered to her. Of course I made sure he saw my satisfied grin as he picked up the check for dinner! :secret:
I thought all the stories were supposed to start "I was just minding my own business when..."

It's like the GTO's "Once upon a time..." :) Good kill! You show the boy racers who's boss.

·
GTOholic
1,504 Posts
hahahaha, you're right phobos... We're usually "mindin' our own bizness"... but there's something about the GTO that attracts "spirited" drivers. It's like we're driving a car that screams "TRY AND RACE ME IF YOU DARE!"

Chill, Cobra owners, we know you're fast. But I'm curious if there's another car on the street that draws so much attention to itself. I think not, mostly because the "exotics" are out of most people's reach and the others (Cobra, Vette, etc.) are so common they don't get a second look. Our few and affordable GTO's get lots and lots of attention.

It's way cool. :)

·
Go Tigers!
2,455 Posts
FLORIT said:
hahahaha, you're right phobos... We're usually "mindin' our own bizness"... but there's something about the GTO that attracts "spirited" drivers. It's like we're driving a car that screams "TRY AND RACE ME IF YOU DARE!"

Chill, Cobra owners, we know you're fast. But I'm curious if there's another car on the street that draws so much attention to itself. I think not, mostly because the "exotics" are out of most people's reach and the others (Cobra, Vette, etc.) are so common they don't get a second look. Our few and affordable GTO's get lots and lots of attention.

How true this is!

·
Enjoy the trolls
2,548 Posts
The KILL Section should be renamed...

In fact, every story posted in this Forum section should be required to begin with that phrase.

ha ha ha ha

·
Doc, Just Doc
8,767 Posts
desertgoat said:

In fact, every story posted in this Forum section should be required to begin with that phrase.

ha ha ha ha

I second desertgoat's vote!

·
duh
1,214 Posts
desertgoat said:

ha ha ha ha
:gr_jest:

·
Registered
59 Posts
desertgoat said:

ha ha ha ha

No Kidding!!! Geez, it seems like everytime there's someone next to me they will take off screehing tires or behind me that gets on my rear end or flys by me and slows down & wants to race. I got the color black just so my car wouldnt scream "RACE ME" but apparently thats not working. And I'm always MMOB listening to tunes or talking on the phone. There's something about the car that everyone wants a piece of & can't have.

Lata

·
Retired LEO meow
14,535 Posts
desertgoat said:

ha ha ha ha
DG, your avatar is not up to par. Lose Drew and post a new one.

·
Resident Douche M3 Driver
1,597 Posts
Nice kill. I actually kind of like the looks of the RX-8 when it has the spoiler on the back. To bad the engine is so anemic though.

Nice story too. :)

FLORIT said:

Ha ha ha, it only took 3 posts before a GTO owner dragged the Cobra into a thread that had nothing to do with a Cobra, as well as talk about how common Mustangs are... :gr_jest: :gr_jest: :gr_jest:

·
The Ghost & the Darkness
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Grey03Cobra said:
Nice kill. I actually kind of like the looks of the RX-8 when it has the spoiler on the back. To bad the engine is so anemic though.

Ha ha ha, it only took 3 posts before a GTO owner dragged the Cobra into a thread that had nothing to do with a Cobra, as well as talk about how common Mustangs are... :gr_jest: :gr_jest: :gr_jest:
They look interesting but way too small for my liking. :secret:

·
mmm beer nuts
259 Posts
Yeah, I was a big fan of the Rx8 too - test drove one and everything. Then they kept lowering the horsepower and the mpg's started showing up in the teens (average). With all the filling of the GTO, the RX8 that I tested was selling in the 33k range. Hello?? it's a mazda.

Grey03Cobra said:

·
NFC Champs
883 Posts
Grey03Cobra said:

Mazdaspeed is currently developing a turboed RX8, which is what the car should've been in the first place. ChaosStarter posted about it on SN awhile back.

·
GM Parts Guy Will this fix it
1,102 Posts
Your so right about getting attention. I've had a few guys about break their necks trying to get a look. Eat your hearts out. It's a sin to be proud. But man it's fun.

·
GM Parts Guy Will this fix it
1,102 Posts
Ya it's fun to eat up the rice burners with their fart cans,

·
Resident Douche M3 Driver
1,597 Posts
pinski said:
Mazdaspeed is currently developing a turboed RX8, which is what the car should've been in the first place. ChaosStarter posted about it on SN awhile back.
I heard the same thing..kind of along the lines of the older RX-7. They were having some problems though.

I remember the turbo rotaries don't seem to last long for some reason. They usually get around 100,000 miles and need to be rebuilt.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts