LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
8,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,:) I had my parts Guy Clean out my PEDDERS Parts to make MORE ROOM and we Found 3 SETS of comfort Gas Front struts(8985L or R) and (8081)rear C/G Shocks..If You need them Please let me know Thanks Frank....

·
Beer Geek
3,713 Posts
Can you transfer a pair of the 8081s to my local Pedder's installer, or do I call you with a CC#?

Scott

·
Beer Geek
3,713 Posts
Frank, you have PM. My next opportunity to call the east coast from now is about 8.5 hours, around 11PM local for you.

Thanks.

·
Registered
93 Posts
How Much For A Set Shipped To 29926.thanks

·
seppuku rights activist
4,317 Posts
Please pm for a set of front struts sent to 78233 overnight or fastest shipping possible please!

I might have a problem on monday since I bent my front right strut on a measly little pothole. :(

Thanks!

·
Banned
8,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
SickmonGTO said:
Please pm for a set of front struts sent to 78233 overnight or fastest shipping possible please!

I might have a problem on monday since I bent my front right strut on a measly little pothole. :(

Thanks!
P/M sent

·
Missing my little one.
21,341 Posts
these are free right? ;)

·
Beer Geek
3,713 Posts
City Goat said:
these are free right? ;)
No, they are not free, but the fronts at least compare very favorably to Koni Yellows set to the 'middle' setting, for a lot less money.

My rear CG shocks are hopefully on a brown square truck headed west, you may expect a standard length write-up in a few days or so.

The suspense is killing me. I think these are going to be popular replacement strut/shocks when you guys not spending thousands on suspension upgrades start hitting about 50k miles and price OE replacements.

In fact I have been looking at the entry level Pedder's package again from just a maintenance perspective. If you add the diff insert bushing to that package you are going to repalce all the bushings bigger than a baseball.

Stirring through the box of OE bushes that came off my car, next up are the front sway bar D-bushes. The rest of them didn't look too bad.

I'll just go ahead and make the suggestion now. Be advised I might change my tune after I go thrash the rear CGs on some two lane, but I am pretty optimistic.

For suspension maintenance at 50-60k miles, I suggest the Pedders Touring package with rear diff insert and front sway bar D bushes (or equivalent parts in similar materials from other vendors), with end to end sub-system alignment and four wheel alignment.

While the car is apart put your tall front spring on the passenger side and tall rear spring on the driver's side. And get some shims under those rear springs if you need to, you want the rear ride height at least 1/8" higher than the front for high speed stability.

Your ride quality should be "99.44%" of showroom new and significantly better than OE at 50k miles. Plus you will pick up significant handling agility.

M2c,
S

1 - 11 of 11 Posts