LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Resident 10-second Priest
8,959 Posts
Are those mudflaps? :confused:

Then again, I could probably use them when I go to the track - lots of tar on the rear wheel well.

Looks good without the spoiler, but since I still have fond memories of my '70 Judge with it's 60" wing, I think I'll keep mine. :)

Padre

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
PadreGTO said:
Are those mudflaps? :confused:

Then again, I could probably use them when I go to the track - lots of tar on the rear wheel well.

Looks good without the spoiler, but since I still have fond memories of my '70 Judge with it's 60" wing, I think I'll keep mine. :)

Padre
I'm glad I wasn't the only person to do a double take at the MFs...

Now niki, question - are you planning on staying spoilerless forever? I guess not from your comment of a ducktail spoiler...Personally, I'd like to go spoilerless like this and later on get a functional spoiler not unlike what's on the drift or #5 racecar GTO...However not quite as huge. I'd also like to get a widebody kit too like on the #5 racecar - I just think that looks too cool.

·
3,327 Posts
nikivee said:
I don't look to bad
Sooo tempted....to Post..... something. :gr_devil:

·
Sensible Contributor
1,439 Posts

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
gto05 said:
Amazing :hail:
I agree it looks great.......I think I am going to try to get a hold of the ducktail spoiler.......Hey Niki how did you seal the holes?

oh and I dont think the mudflaps look bad

·
Knight Errant
1,800 Posts
nikivee said:
Yes those are mudflaps. Got them off of Ebay back in April. I like the spoilerless look. It gives the car a sleeker look. But haven't decided yet want I want to do.
Maybe just build off the small built in ducktail in the decklid???

·
Banned
504 Posts
nikivee said:
I wish someone would make ducktail type spoiler. Maybe Arrowhead Performance? :D
You might want to come to Woodward then Nikivee! :secret:

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
redneck said:
I'll be removing my spoiler when I get around to it. Been quoted $700 to fill the holes and re-paint the trunk.
damn that seems like alot

·
Registered
118 Posts
Spioler/Flap

nikivee said:
Yes those are mudflaps. Got them off of Ebay back in April. I like the spoilerless look. It gives the car a sleeker look. But haven't decided yet want I want to do.
Hey Hey,... Got my mud flaps Wed from my Austr. connection and put them on this weekend, they look much better than I thought they would. My dealer says they think GM will make an accessory catalog avail. around the 1st of the year to include mud flaps?? I like with the spoiler look better than without the spoiler look, gives the back end the HULK look to me!!! I'm not a digital camera/computer expert, have to wait till my son comes around he is good at that stuff. Take care other wise!!!

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
that looks very good. i saw the spoilerless look this weekend on CMNTs GTO. i like it alot. but i dont think i will go spoilerless b/c i dont wanna have open holes. and i dont wanna spend the time and money to fix them

·
Yes, it has a car seat
1,884 Posts
You know - 'when' my car ends up being repainted, I've been mulling over whether or not to leave the spoiler off. After seeing these pic's - I think I'm leaning towards putting it back on. It does look clean w/o - but at the same time it looks like it's missing something...
Dan

·
297kW User
1,928 Posts
DANSLS1 said:
It does look clean w/o - but at the same time it looks like it's missing something...
A nice set of wheels would balance that out, I definitely wouldn't go spoiler less and keep the stockers.

·
Yes, it has a car seat
1,884 Posts
TriShield said:
A nice set of wheels would balance that out, I definitely wouldn't go spoiler less and keep the stockers.
Yep - I think you are right. I've had more compliments on the wheels than I can count and they've definitely grown on me. I guess that's maybe why I'm leaning towards keeping the spoiler.
Dan

1 - 20 of 20 Posts