1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
13,016 Posts
Oh crap!

·
Owns 3 GTO's
16,515 Posts
WTF was he thinking? That is crazy! I hope he didn't feel anything.

·
Registered
9 Posts
In that vid, I read somewhere that the guy that ran across the track was killed instantly (obviously), and was carrying a fire extinguisher, that fire extinguisher, in turn, hit the head of the driver of the racecar,smashing his helmet also killing the driver instantly. The car went straight into a wall at the end of the straightaway.:(

·
Banned
8,940 Posts
The commentator says in Italian, that two 18yo boys were assigned to be firefighters ("pompieri") by the organizers, and one of them was dismembered and killed instantly by the blow.

·
Owns 3 GTO's
16,515 Posts
I thought I saw more than one piece. Not just a pair of pants comming off. Still, this is sick.

·
THE ROKET WAS SOLD ON 6/22/14
9,794 Posts
Black Devil said:
I thought I saw more than one piece. Not just a pair of pants comming off. Still, this is sick.
It looked like his head went flying down the track with an arm or leg, yuck. Where were the caution lights and flags? It looks like that car was broken down for at least a couple of minutes before anyone came to help.

ROK :(

·
I love my Goat!
5,963 Posts
WHOa, just ripped him apart .

·
Senior's Member
2,853 Posts
Wikipedia :ftw:

In this race, Jansen Van Vuuren, a 19 year old Dutch student and safety marshall died when crossing the track to extinguish a fire on Renzo Zorzi's retired Shadow, but was struck by Tom Pryce's car at high speed. The impact killed both Pryce and Van Vuuren instantly, Van Vuuren from the impact of the collision, Pryce from sustaining a fatal head injury from Van Vuuren's fire extinguisher. The extreme forces involved in the collision resulted in Van Vuuren leaving no identifiable remains, and he was only recognized by exclusion after the race director gathered all of his colleagues.

·
Owns 3 GTO's
16,515 Posts
:bomb:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts