LS1GTO Forums banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
2006 Pontiac GTO
1,003 Posts
This makes me feel warm and tingly inside... going to get some powder coating estimates for my wheels this week. Not gonna rush at this point because our Spring weather in Missouri is coming to a halt shortly and they are talking 20s and 30° temps with snow in the mix for this coming weekend.
so when it comes down to it and if you have to do something about the fender lip, roll or cut? The debate rages on lol.

·
Seriously?
2,020 Posts
so when it comes down to it and if you have to do something about the fender lip, roll or cut? The debate rages on lol.
The battle rages on in my mind... don't know which way I'm going on that yet. No doubt one of them is happening. Gonna try to get some local opinions and see what is said.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Fix looks good!

I have both cut (once, and once only), and rolled many fenders, and the cut turned out really bad. The fender was weakened and easily warped afterwards.
The only complaint I would have with the GTO on the rear, is the spot welds are a tough point to roll, and I could not get the full radius I would have liked.
I did not want to push my luck and start bowing out the panel.
Other than that, I'm a fan of rolling vs cutting.

The heat gun can is essential, but if you ever see the slightest of paint cracking, do not apply any further heat. It will exacerbate the issue.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts