LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i decided to paint my fuel rail covers. i went out to hobby lobby and got a Red Testors Paint Marker, in the modeling section for $2.99.
it was really easy. im pleased with the results. here are some pics. it took about 15 minutes. i put on two coats to make sure that red was really bright.
sorry about the dark pics. i will add some better ones, once they are back on the GTO.

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
GTOdriver7 said:
so i decided to paint my fuel rail covers. i went out to hobby lobby and got a Red Testors Paint Marker, in the modeling section for $2.99.
it was really easy. im pleased with the results. here are some pics. it took about 15 minutes. i put on two coats to make sure that red was really bright.
sorry about the dark pics. i will add some better ones, once they are back on the GTO.
Nice accenting :)

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
and some more for you viewing pleasure. the FRC's are little tricky to snap back on b/c you cant really see what you are doing. probably doesn't help that the engine was still warm and it was getting dark out.

·
Can't help ya, Sorry.
14,481 Posts
they look good on the car..

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
Hard to put snap back on? You're kidding right? These take a whole 5 seconds!

Try installing a set on an F-Body that has the dual fuel lines coming up from the side, instead of the single line from the back like our cars have. :D At least 5 minutes at tops. :D

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
CMNTMXR57 said:
Hard to put snap back on? You're kidding right? These take a whole 5 seconds!

Try installing a set on an F-Body that has the dual fuel lines coming up from the side, instead of the single line from the back like our cars have. :D At least 5 minutes at tops. :D

well not "hard". just tricky. it was getting dark. and the engine was still hot, so i was trying to do it w/o burning myself.

·
Registered
523 Posts
GTOdriver7 said:
They look very nice, GTOdriver7.

Keep us posted how the color holds up. Things get pretty warm under the hood.

:thumbs:

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
capra2d said:
They look very nice, GTOdriver7.

Keep us posted how the color holds up. Things get pretty warm under the hood.

:thumbs:
yeah, i thought about that. but i figured that since they are plastic, they can only go SO hot. ya know?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts