LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
MY OTHER CAR IS MY FEET
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At least I am sure that is what he is telling his friends right now. I was stuck behind somebodys grandma when this clown in his accord comes pulling up, throws me a rev and punches it, he woke up all 4 hampsters and was probably on his way to a 19 second quarter mile. I sat there behind Granny and watched, just shaking my head. I am pretty sure he is telling all his buddies how he smoked the Blue GTO so maybe I will get to eat some rice soon.

A little later on I had a Ford Lightening throw me a rev and try his rolling start on me, wasn't much to it since I was already in second. I never even had to shift. At about 4200 RPM I was pulling on him, so I just ran it up to 6 grand and shut down. He gave me a nod and a thumbs up but I would even call it a race.

·
3,256 Posts
Sounds like my run in with a Honda Accord V-6. The guy was such an ass, I had to take it up to "non-board approved speeds" just so the jackass would know the pecking order V8>V6>Naturally-Aspirated-Hamster-4. You in Dallas or a transplant in Arkansas from Dallas?

·
9 Second Club
14,781 Posts
DallasSleeper said:
At least I am sure that is what he is telling his friends right now. I was stuck behind somebodys grandma when this clown in his accord comes pulling up, throws me a rev and punches it, he woke up all 4 hampsters and was probably on his way to a 19 second quarter mile. I sat there behind Granny and watched, just shaking my head. I am pretty sure he is telling all his buddies how he smoked the Blue GTO so maybe I will get to eat some rice soon.

A little later on I had a Ford Lightening throw me a rev and try his rolling start on me, wasn't much to it since I was already in second. I never even had to shift. At about 4200 RPM I was pulling on him, so I just ran it up to 6 grand and shut down. He gave me a nod and a thumbs up but I would even call it a race.
Great post, I'd a claimed the lightning and douched the accord. Were you MMOB?

·
MY OTHER CAR IS MY FEET
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wrp said:
Great post, I'd a claimed the lightning and douched the accord. Were you MMOB?
I am always sorta kinda minding my own buisness a little bit.....

·
MY OTHER CAR IS MY FEET
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
TXGTOU said:
Sounds like my run in with a Honda Accord V-6. The guy was such an ass, I had to take it up to "non-board approved speeds" just so the jackass would know the pecking order V8>V6>Naturally-Aspirated-Hamster-4. You in Dallas or a transplant in Arkansas from Dallas?
I just left TX a couple months ago I am stuck in Arkansas now... I miss the lone star state.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
dont feel bad, i had a del sol murder me the other day.... only because i was too busy pointing and laughing at him to hit the gas pedal. im sure that he probably went online too and posted how he beat a V6 GTO

·
MY OTHER CAR IS MY FEET
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I guess we gotta throw the kiddies a bone every now and again just to keep em interested.

·
It's simple physics
3,733 Posts
Maybe I just look like I'm an ass or something, but I rarely have douche-mobiles screw with me. More like black SRT8s riding my ass when I have a passenger. Boy this guy thought he was hot shit. Hope I see him again.

Went and test drove a Magnum R/T on Saturday in preparation for the eventual arrival of little ones and like the car for the most part though even with the V-8 it feels underpowered compared to my car.

Thought you'd guys get a kick out of the dumb ass salesman too, sitting in the back. Didn't know squat about the car other than what's in the brochure. I asked him if it had variable ratio power assisted steering and he said "I think its manually adjustable." Ha, man that tickles me. Anyway, it got worse from there.

Be good all,

LR

·
Registered
134 Posts
where in arkansas are you at im originally from there i live in MS now

·
MY OTHER CAR IS MY FEET
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am living in Fort Smith now.

·
No mo' GTO.
3,969 Posts
Magnified said:
Maybe I just look like I'm an ass or something, but I rarely have douche-mobiles screw with me. More like black SRT8s riding my ass when I have a passenger. Boy this guy thought he was hot shit. Hope I see him again.

Went and test drove a Magnum R/T on Saturday in preparation for the eventual arrival of little ones and like the car for the most part though even with the V-8 it feels underpowered compared to my car.

Thought you'd guys get a kick out of the dumb ass salesman too, sitting in the back. Didn't know squat about the car other than what's in the brochure. I asked him if it had variable ratio power assisted steering and he said "I think its manually adjustable." Ha, man that tickles me. Anyway, it got worse from there.

Be good all,

LR
At least you'll have the opportunity to buy a Commodore next year. That should be the new family bruiser. :gr_devil:

·
Registered
335 Posts
DallasSleeper said:

Had a honda do the same to me in a mall parking lot of all places. Some of the Lightnings are not to be taken lightly.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts