LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Riding around Saturday night. Had a huge car meet again. Got ran off twice by the police. So everyone decides to head to a secluded spot to drag race. In the way I came across two newer Camaro’s. Not sure what year but the new body style. Both loud as hell. I was gonna worry with them but the black one started messing with me. At this point all I know is it’s loud and has black race stars on it. 50 roll. I jump out on him. I’m out front and and undisclosed speed well high up in third gear (put 2 and 2 together lol) he starts to creep back up. I was like wtf. My boost cut was dropping off boost because I have a two bar map still. Ugh. I’m like holy crap. That car was fast. So we did it a few more times. We were about what and what. I asked him what he had. He said just a cam. Lol. I heard him purge the nitrous. My son even said what was that. Yea. Cam only. So I told him I had a stock 5.3. Lol.
Then I run the silver car. They both about the same year. 17-19 I guess. The silver car was just as fast. He told me he had headers only. Lmao. Yea, I got some oven front property for sale. Those cars run high 11’s with headers. I was later told that car was procharged. They would both creep on me up top. I think one got a fender on me in one race. I had a bad dream about it that night. Lmao. Yea, I’m serious. So here I am today, putting my three bar map sensor in, adding meth injection pre turbo and cranking the boost up and my boost cut up higher.
I had to employ boost cut past 15lbs because the fueling is no longer controlled past that do i WAS limited as to how far I could go. Not now. Now I’m gonna break some shit. The plan is about 18lbs in third. And 14-15 in second.

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Btw, I was hot lapping that thing so bad against two cars back to back. That 4l60 has been taking a beating.

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This has me worried about you.
Nah. I’ll elaborate. You see that video of the shenanigans I posted? It was a repeat of that. Drifting. Burnouts. Fireworks. So they ran everyone off. I was just watching. I don’t act like that. So we relocated a few miles down the road. This time just hanging if out. Cops came and made everyone leave.

·
Worthless reject member
40,343 Posts
Nah. I’ll elaborate. You see that video of the shenanigans I posted? It was a repeat of that. Drifting. Burnouts. Fireworks. So they ran everyone off. I was just watching. I don’t act like that. So we relocated a few miles down the road. This time just hanging if out. Cops came and made everyone leave.
Ah, cool. Sorry i assumed the worst.

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ah, cool. Sorry i assumed the worst.
So the map sensor was a no go. After making a billet adapter to make it fit in my manifold I figured out it doesn’t plug in either damnit. Time wasted. Then I had to tune a guys truck in the middle of it. I did jerry tig the meth just as an experiment. Don’t laugh..... I disconnected my windshield squirters. Ran the hose to a number 10 misting nozzle from McMaster. It puts out a decent amount of fluid. So to test it, I activate the wipers. Lmao. Just wanted to see if it works. I feel a very slight difference but it’s hard to drive doing that. I’m adding in a fast acting iat in a few minutes and I’ll wire it to the boost controller. If I’m able to add some timing with it, I’ll get a solenoid that will allow fluid to pass through for the squirts normally but when the boost controller actives it, it redirects fluid to the turbo nozzle. Simple setup. If it works, so far after the test drive, I think it will.

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've met up with Kfxguy a few times and he definitely doesn't strike me as the time to do that kinda shit.
Thx. Yea I don’t participate in those types of shenanigans. Lol

·
GR-RRR!
5,629 Posts
I left myself wide open wondering who would walk on through, and of all people, TRIPOWER COMES OUT OF THE CLOSET.

I see.
I am rubber and you are glue, what you say about me bounces off and sticks to you.

·
Worthless reject member
40,343 Posts
It's fun when you whip around in circles and do donuts summernauts style. It's just hard on the car and makes you look like a stupid bogan, and smoke signals the cops.

Tires, pfft, GTO's eat tires whether you do burnouts or not. :whistle:

·
Registered
25 Posts
It's fun when you whip around in circles and do donuts summernauts style. It's just hard on the car and makes you look like a stupid bogan, and smoke signals the cops.

Tires, pfft, GTO's eat tires whether you do burnouts or not. :whistle:
I don't know man. Still on the same tires since I bought the car in oct 2017. Although to be fair, the car has been on jack stands for about 2 years or at the tuner. I might have put 5-6k miles on it.....maybe. Hell, its broke now.

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I’ve been lucky lately. Car has been running good. I’ve been scared to add more power. I’ve really had no reason to add more power. It’s pretty stout as it is on 15psi. But now I have a reason. And now I’m gonna break some shit. Lol.

·
Worthless reject member
40,343 Posts
I’ve been lucky lately. Car has been running good. I’ve been scared to add more power. I’ve really had no reason to add more power. It’s pretty stout as it is on 15psi. But now I have a reason. And now I’m gonna break some shit. Lol.
u gun need bigger snail n turdbo400 trans and a ferd 9 inch pumpkinz.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts