LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
IXLR8
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving around looking for some fresh meat. Low and behold I got to try some Goat Meat.

I have been waiting for ever to line up with one of your cars. I always pass them going the other direction. Well this time was perfect. I pull up to the light and he pulls up to me and looks over and gives a lil rev. He had Nittos on her. Thats all I noticed. I rev back. The light goes green and I was halfway looking over at him so he jumped me just a tad(just a tad). He got me to about 40mph and then I passed him. I pulled about 2-3 car lengths by 100mph where we both had to hammer on the brakes to make a turn. Well it seemed we were both getting on the freeway. I get on first and as I am going down the entrance ramp nearing the bottom (about 60mph) I see him swing right across the white line and hammer it to get a jump on me and go around me. Never made it in front of me cause I was expecting it. Took it to about 115mph and cant give a fair estimate of damage done. He then pulled up next to me and I slowed to about 60ish. We went again and I pulled about 1.5-2cars by 115mph. Ahh what a good dinner.

Sweet ride though. Shocking to see a car looking like that running...

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
so what does "stock" mean. do you have M6 or A4? good kill.
im just trying to figure out why you killed him so bad. it doesn't surprise me that much, just seems like it should have a been a little more even.

·
IXLR8
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
GTOdriver7 said:
so what does "stock" mean. do you have M6 or A4? good kill.
im just trying to figure out why you killed him so bad. it doesn't surprise me that much, just seems like it should have a been a little more even.
Stock means I havent even changed my tires...LOL No HP gainers not even a sticker...M6

I beat him about what I should, actually not quite what I should have. I figure I am good for about 3-5 tenths in the 1/4mile on a GTO which would put me at that many car lengths.

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
That's the beauty of it. Since everyone claims these cars look like Grand Prix's or Cavalier's, they aren't expecting them to run as well as they do. :D

·
IXLR8
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
CMNTMXR57 said:
That's the beauty of it. Since everyone claims these cars look like Grand Prix's or Cavalier's, they aren't expecting them to run as well as they do. :D

Definitely. But as soon as anyone reads GTO, well they will know they arent up against your average car.

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
True, but hopefully by that time, it's too late for them. :D

Many a BMW owner has suffered brutally at my hands in this car.

·
IXLR8
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
CMNTMXR57 said:
True, but hopefully by that time, it's too late for them. :D

Many a BMW owner has suffered brutally at my hands in this car.

You know, they try to race me all the time too. Probably more consistantly then any other make(besides RICE). Every time I am next to one, and I mean darn near every time, they gun it. No impressive kills to list, handed an M3 its butt on a highway run, and lots of 540's. The M5 is what I am waiting to lose too...LOL My father has one and it pulls strong at 100mph.

·
Enjoy the trolls
2,548 Posts
Nice Kill!

I haven't come across any WS6 or Camaro SS yet. These are what I call worthy opponents.

Speaking of the stealth mode, I am fairly confident that a great majority of the time, the people I have killed will have this last fleeting image as a reminder of what just annihilated them. I installed this mod just for that very purpose.

No, it wasn't a Grand Prix..........

·
IXLR8
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
desertgoat said:
I haven't come across any WS6 or Camaro SS yet. These are what I call worthy opponents.

Speaking of the stealth mode, I am fairly confident that a great majority of the time, the people I have killed will have this last fleeting image as a reminder of what just annihilated them. I installed this mod just for that very purpose.

No, it wasn't a Grand Prix..........

Well, if you do, then hopefully they will be stock like me. However, everyone I know that has the SS or WS6 version has some mods on them. Mine will remain stock for another month. Then she is getting drastically upconverted.

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
tiggerfan said:
Seriously, the WS6's are nice, but I'm just not a big fan of the pig snout.
i am. i like it alot. thats why im thinking about trading hoods for an 05. *snort*

·
2,432 Posts
I met up with the local f-body guys a few weeks ago at a monthly f-body club meeting. Those guys know how to mod and most of them had modded pretty heavily. Most of them had pretty crazy exhaust systems, too loud for my taste, but you would know they have something under the hood. Very knowledgeable group of guys.

I was a little surprised that they didn’t seem that interested in the GTO. Most of them said they liked the interior a lot, but none of them took too long of a look. Not that I think they need to worship the GTO or anything I just know when I see a new C6 Vette at a show I’ll be spending a lot of time looking it over. Seems like if they are going to upgrade (buy new) they will be into the GTO or go the Vette route. The local Corvette club showed up for about an hour on there way to a local Sat. night hang out and those guys spent the entire time talking GTO and looking over the 2 GTO’s from top to bottom.

I’m hoping at next month’s f-body meeting I can get mod advice from the f-body guys. With that many mods they should know some tricks I can do.

·
Feynman fan
2,336 Posts
Funny you say that because I've noticed the same sort of thing - most 'Vette guys being very curious (one guy from down the street actually lay down in the road (curbside parking in my part of town) to wiggle under and check out the IRS) but F-body people, for the most part, seem more interested in telling me why their car is really better.

·
Yes, it has a car seat
1,884 Posts
2loco seems to have done a pretty good job of giving the GTO a good name around Gratiot anyway...
Dan

·
Growing up is an option
17,296 Posts
Yellow Jacket M6 said:
Isn't the only reason the WS6 is a little faster because of weight. I mean we have
a little more hp due to LS6 intake right?
well, everything i've read is that "everybody" knows their engine is grossly under rated for HP. :) plus the pig snout adds "big HP" due to the "ram air" effect (which we know is at best cold air). at least that's their story and they're sticking to it :). i think it's more about weight and a solid rear makes it get a good jump on the line. i'd be curious if the victim was an A4 too

·
DAAAT'S RIGHT
1,650 Posts
Everything that I have seen and read says that an LS1 is an LS1. Most all stock SS's and ws6's dyno around 300. The same for goats. That 300-400 lds makes a big difference.

I have always loved the F-bods. Just needed something a little roomier to accomidate(sp?) my 4 yr old.

·
Doc, Just Doc
8,767 Posts
Yellow Jacket M6 said:
Isn't the only reason the WS6 is a little faster because of weight. I mean we have
What gets me is that weight will not make any difference (minimal if any) when you are at highway speeds and up. It shows its ugly self at the stop light or drag strip. The driver would be more of an issue then 200 pounds. IMHO!

What is also interesting is that I took a WS6 off the line and held him off up to the 1/8 in my Lincoln LSV8 rental last night. He beat me in the 1/4 but my R/T and launch was what kept me ahead for half the track!!!

He was suprised for sure :eek2:

·
Member #804
5,539 Posts
Yellow Jacket M6 said:
All RPO LS1 engines have been given LS6 intake since 2001. Fbodys don't have true dual exhaust though.

Few minimally modded GTOs are running low 13s without long tube headers so i'm not convinced a WS6 or SS is so much faster.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts