LS1GTO Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

Worthless reject member
they are functional, you realize GM designed them to function as heat extractors, and did airflow tests to prove that it was also a viable air intake location for the engine (although never implemented).

one of the first mods i ever did was pulling the hood scoop plugs out to help with underhood heat extraction, lol. i have no idea if it did anything...

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I still prefer the smoothness of the 04 hood. I liked the look of the 04 GTO and even more so the 02 Monaro. It had absolutely no pretentions about looking fast. If anyone in the Illinois/Missouri area or nearby has a red 04 hood and wants to trade up please let me know.

Premium Member
I still prefer the smoothness of the 04 hood. I liked the look of the 04 GTO and even more so the 02 Monaro. It had absolutely no pretentions about looking fast. If anyone in the Illinois/Missouri area or nearby has a red 04 hood and wants to trade up please let me know.
Then it just looks like a grand am

GR-RRR!
Which red exactly do you have? Spice, Torrid, or whatever that third one was?
Pulse Red (04 W40 package).

If you want to come to Lincoln, NE I'd think about it. I have a Torrid Red 04.

Registered
2006 Pontiac GTO
Oh that sucks. I would have considered sourcing an 04 to buy and get the 05 one to use on mine if it was the spice Red. I want to have a spare hood with larger cut outs for vents but don't want to do it on my original one.

GR-RRR!
Oh that sucks. I would have considered sourcing an 04 to buy and get the 05 one to use on mine if it was the spice Red. I want to have a spare hood with larger cut outs for vents but don't want to do it on my original one.
No, I was stating the additional red you didn't name. I have no idea which red the OP is talking about.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts