LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked my GTO up on Monday in rain and in the dark. I love the car, the power is great and ride is rattle free and has very solid feel to it. But I want to warn all future GTO owners that the plastic wrap that is on the car is very very hard to remove. I have glue or something on the front bumper. I see stain mark on driver door where the edge of the wrap was. Two sratches on the bottom of the door were I guess happen trying to remove the wrap. Some very minor and light scratches in the clear coat that should rub out. These cars have come a long way, by ship, by rail, and by truck so my bad luck with new car paint to be perfect, but I never get holds true again.
Happy New Year

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. I will be keeping an eye out.
:drink: :drink:

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
Congratulations!

Did you not let them PDI the vehicle? If they had, this would've all been taken care of.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Prep

The dealer did prep/PDI the car before I picked it up. The saleman told my how hard the wrap was to remove from the bumper. I believe the door wraps were removed in Calif. at the rail/storage area. I washed the car today and with nice sun out I was able to see all the paint imperfections. The door scratches is what I am mad about. I do not know if I should live with it, try to cover it or have it painted and worry about the paint matching.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Yeah - seriously if you aren't totally happy with your car, you should let them know and the sooner the better. Other than that it sounds like you really enjoy the car - that's great! ;)

·
Registered
287 Posts
GTO

Just think this wrap has been on these cars sitting on the dock in AUS for months in the sun. I doubt it was designed to be baked on for 2-3 months.

·
Registered
244 Posts
HD926,

IIRC, all the export cars are held in holding bays under shade cloth.

It serves 2 purposes - it discourages the birds in depositing their droppings all over the cars and it also offers protection from our sunlight and its UV

Mike

·
WOT's up?
559 Posts
That was in Austrailia - here, unfortunately, they just sit out in the open. If the the "wrap" was put on anticipating UV protected environs then this might be a problem.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts