LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Yellow Goat
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't really explain why but every time I got home from the store my groceries were all over the trunk. I never seemed to have this problem in other cars so go figure, must be defective.

Anyway, I wanted to fix it so I bought a cargo net off of ebay. Any net will work but I found this one for five bucks so I was happy. Ideal length of the net is 40", the one I got was 39" I bought some knobs and bolts at Lowes and marked where the holes should be. I drilled four holes through the trunk wall and tightened down the knobs with bolts. Then I just hooked up the net. It goes off and on easily if I need it too. I really like having it and I just slip my grocer bags inside and once again they will now arrive home safely, my beer won't explode when I crack it. Here's some pics. (PS It is straight even though it looks kind of crooked in one picture.)

·
GTOholic
1,504 Posts
That is a very professional looking installation. Well done!

It took a lot of guts to drill, didn't it? :D

When I had those nuts welded under the hood for my hood pins, I couldn't even watch, ESPECIALLY when he was grinding the paint off to get a good surface. GULP!

I have some more cutting, welding, and drilling to do in the trunk for my "pit stall" mod. It really is difficult to "put the knife" to her.

·
Yellow Goat
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
FLORIT said:
That is a very professional looking installation. Well done!

It took a lot of guts to drill, didn't it? :D

When I had those nuts welded under the hood for my hood pins, I couldn't even watch, ESPECIALLY when he was grinding the paint off to get a good surface. GULP!

I have some more cutting, welding, and drilling to do in the trunk for my "pit stall" mod. It really is difficult to "put the knife" to her.
Ha ha, I know exactly how you feel but I have a history of hacking up expensive new cars so it gets less worrisome the more I do it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts