LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
99% Stock
Joined
·
4,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My neighbor just got an IS250. I dig the wheels:



 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,203 Posts
does he leave it outside? :D

pretty cool car overall too, waaay better than the prev model.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,203 Posts
1fstmach said:
they are not bad

will not fit the GTO though :)
^^^ who needs 'em if you already have Work wheels? :D
 

·
99% Stock
Joined
·
4,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
jdo6696 said:
does he leave it outside? :D

pretty cool car overall too, waaay better than the prev model.

He does actually. He puts his C230 that he is trying to sell in the garage.

If it were me, I'd keep the new Lexus in the garage.

Plus he has to shuffle them around the driveway with his wife's 4Runner and daughter's Scion.
 

·
"There's no good sharks?"
Joined
·
1,294 Posts
why not get the VZ HSV R8 wheels? they look similar. (better, IMHO):



 

·
2006 BOM M6
Joined
·
127 Posts
ruski said:
My neighbor just got an IS250. I dig the wheels:




I like that car a whole lot, actually was thinking of getting the is350 as a replacement for my 540i but went with the BOM goat instead and couldn't be happier (and faster).:gears:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
796 Posts
holler said:
why not get the VZ HSV R8 wheels? they look similar. (better, IMHO):



Damn those look nice on there, I don't know if it's combined with the color of the goat or what but yes nice.
 

·
www.theangrygoat.com
Joined
·
417 Posts
Tschanne said:
I like that car a whole lot, actually was thinking of getting the is350 as a replacement for my 540i but went with the BOM goat instead and couldn't be happier (and faster).:gears:
Wait for the IS500 :pimp:

Then yeah

:gears:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,768 Posts
Co-worker has one of the first IS350's delivered (Nav, backup camera, Bluetooth, loaded). Very nice car, a little cramped in back. He came out of an IS300 and you're right, there is a huge night-and-day difference between the vehicles... his only complaints with his IS350 are the XM antenna (went with a sharkfin for '07) and the amount of brake dust on his rims (I Z-2'd them for him)...

--Robert
 

·
99% Stock
Joined
·
4,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
RobertHammen said:
Co-worker has one of the first IS350's delivered (Nav, backup camera, Bluetooth, loaded). Very nice car, a little cramped in back. He came out of an IS300 and you're right, there is a huge night-and-day difference between the vehicles... his only complaints with his IS350 are the XM antenna (went with a sharkfin for '07) and the amount of brake dust on his rims (I Z-2'd them for him)...

--Robert

I used to have an RX300 and sometimes got IS300 as a loaner when my RX was in service.

I was not very impressed with the IS300. I also had an Acura TL-S at that time and IS300 was kind of immature and not sophisicated compared to even the spartan TL-S. But it wansn't bad.

Now the IS250/350 - WOW! Although they could use some more horsepower, especially the 250 one.
 

·
99% Stock
Joined
·
4,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
1fstmach said:
ie: IS500

just wait

:gears:

Are they actually going to do it? There have been rumors about a V8 IS since the original IS300 was released and nothing happened.
 

·
www.theangrygoat.com
Joined
·
417 Posts
ruski said:
Are they actually going to do it? There have been rumors about a V8 IS since the original IS300 was released and nothing happened.

Yep, do a search for it they showed a "test mule" with BBS mesh wheels quad exhaust in the IS350 shell ;)


And yeah I used to own an IS300 I remember RMM and Foose's vision was sweet
 

·
99% Stock
Joined
·
4,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
1fstmach said:
Yep, do a search for it they showed a "test mule" with BBS mesh wheels quad exhaust in the IS350 shell ;)


And yeah I used to own an IS300 I remember RMM and Foose's vision was sweet

I think there were test mules with a V8 IS300 too, and nothing happened.
 

·
www.theangrygoat.com
Joined
·
417 Posts
ruski said:
I think there were test mules with a V8 IS300 too, and nothing happened.

there is reasoning behind it ;)


the IS body/chassis and motor was getting killed when Lexus was getting launched in Japan so there is the reason.

Also the names just got a copyright and TM last year by ta da Toyota japan
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top