LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you guys looked at the MSN auto feedback thing lately for the Goat??
Here is a good one!!!!! :banghead: :punch:

"I lost too many races with this car so I got a Civic Si instead"
08/16/2004
By: An MSN Autos Consumer
Owned: Less than 1 year

2.3 Overall Rating

3 Styling
2 Performance
4 Interior
1 Quality
2 Recommendation

Pros:
(No data provided)

Cons:
(No data provided)

Overall Review:
Honda Civic Si is a better car, I lost with the GTO too much so I trade it in

·
21,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
another one

"GM Disappoints us Again !!!!!!!"
07/05/2004
By: Goatman

1.0 Overall Rating

1 Styling
1 Performance
1 Interior
1 Quality
1 Recommendation

Pros:
Chevy powered engine.

Cons:
Looks and it's powered by a chevy engine. What ever happened to a true poncho power plant. True GTOs are powered by Pontiac Engines, not some off the shelf Corprate Engine. This car is grossly over priced........I can retore an old GTO for the price of this car.

Overall Review:
I own a 1968 GTO all original. I'm the original owner. If you owned or own a vintage GTO, there is no comparison. The 2004 GTO can't even sell on EBAY. For those who give this car a great review, don't know what a GTO is.......A GTO is everthing a Chevy, OLDs, Buicks and other cars were not. Looks, power and ATTITUDE. The 2004 GTO doers not represent that attitude. It was taboo to install a chevy engine in a GTO in the old days. My recommendation is to ship these cars to Iraq and drop them from a F18 as bombs.....

·
ya im french what of it !
800 Posts
oh there are 1000's of bad write ups on the GTO but we still like them just dont pay attention to them.there are alot of good write ups to.

part of it was the way the car looks ,we in america love big powerfull mean looking cars
and the GTO dose not fill that so many people call it a lame car, what ever to them.

all that matters is we love our cars and thats what matters.....

·
21,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Some of the brain power used in these reviews amazes me.....I could care less its just funny as hell.......they make themselves look like complete morons

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
Dbluegoat said:
Some of the brain power used in these reviews amazes me.....I could care less its just funny as hell.......they make themselves look like complete morons
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck...

·
Go Tigers!
2,455 Posts
That second review I don't believe for a minute. It sounds like one of the old timers
who is bitter about the new GTO and he just made up a review to trash the new
goat. I could care less as well. What someone else thinks has no impact at all
on me.

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
Dbluegoat said:
Moron's not the word. Probably a pimply faced 15 year old, who couldn't pour piss out of a boot if you wrote the instructions on the heel.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Did you double check this on urbandlegends.com or maybe this will be featured on MythBusters?

Personally, I am in love with my goat and really dont care what others think. I am happy, very, very happy. I still share da grin and everyone I know loves the car. I have had mine for 4 months now and am still asked to hold mini car shows when I arrive somewhere, even places that I frequent!

The babes love it too! A few of my friends commented that girls do not know what the GTO is and I told them they were flat wrong! What they fail to realize is that many of the younger girls had fathers that owned the Goat and they KNOW what the GTO can do. I have had many girls ask to check out the goat and ask for rides. And they tend to want the BADASS ride too. They love the feel of the power!

Sorry to get off topic, but my personal experience with others says enough. I stopped at the gas station the other night and found someone just drooling over my goat. He loved the style!

Anywho, surveys use statistics and you can make numbers show anything. I know I love my goat, my friends love my goat, strangers love my goat, and people that have not even seen my goat love it. That's enough for me.

_DM

·
ya im french what of it !
800 Posts
dmonty said:
Did you double check this on urbandlegends.com or maybe this will be featured on MythBusters?

Personally, I am in love with my goat and really dont care what others think. I am happy, very, very happy. I still share da grin and everyone I know loves the car. I have had mine for 4 months now and am still asked to hold mini car shows when I arrive somewhere, even places that I frequent!

The babes love it too! A few of my friends commented that girls do not know what the GTO is and I told them they were flat wrong! What they fail to realize is that many of the younger girls had fathers that owned the Goat and they KNOW what the GTO can do. I have had many girls ask to check out the goat and ask for rides. And they tend to want the BADASS ride too. They love the feel of the power!

Sorry to get off topic, but my personal experience with others says enough. I stopped at the gas station the other night and found someone just drooling over my goat. He loved the style!

Anywho, surveys use statistics and you can make numbers show anything. I know I love my goat, my friends love my goat, strangers love my goat, and people that have not even seen my goat love it. That's enough for me.

_DM

i agree the 1st night i went to the car show, bunch 16 year old girls came up to the car IS THAT the new GTO thats BAD A$$ the inside is even more awsome ,,,to my shock they knew all about it.. people always come up to me stores gas stations is that the new gto that looks alot better in person then pics ive seen etc etc...

·
WOT's Up Doc?
2,582 Posts
I had a guy follow me from a light for about a mile. When I got to my buddy's house he walked up and apologized, but he just had to check it out.

Kinda scary.

·
Registered
980 Posts
zbaron said:
i agree the 1st night i went to the car show, bunch 16 year old girls came up to the car IS THAT the new GTO thats BAD A$$ the inside is even more awsome ,,,to my shock they knew all about it.. people always come up to me stores gas stations is that the new gto that looks alot better in person then pics ive seen etc etc...
I was at the beach with my goat and my friend spouted out more info about the GTO than I could have.

At my car wash a guy repeated the GTO commercial word for word to someone else.

The end result is that this is MY GTO. Case CLOSED.

·
--Insert witty comment here--
570 Posts
Funny thing- When I had my Viper, everyone would stare, ask what it was, etc. With the GTO, it is more subtle, but everywhere I go, even here in Vegas, guys will walk up and say "Is that the GTO? That's bada$$!" I've eard that from guys at the gas station, Walley Mart, drive thrus, clubs, etc.
Must be the wheels, LOL!
;)
http://www.radiantvegas.com/sam/GTO 006.jpg

·
Expelled
8,316 Posts
Dbluegoat said:
Have you guys looked at the MSN auto feedback thing lately for the Goat??
Here is a good one!!!!! :banghead: :punch:

"I lost too many races with this car so I got a Civic Si instead"
08/16/2004
By: An MSN Autos Consumer

2.3 Overall Rating

3 Styling
2 Performance
4 Interior
1 Quality
2 Recommendation

Pros:
(No data provided)

Cons:
(No data provided)

Overall Review:
Honda Civic Si is a better car, I lost with the GTO too much so I trade it in
that is funny as hell!!

·
duh
1,214 Posts
zbaron said:
How come this hasn't happened to me yet? :banghead: Of course it would better if they where 18 at least..... :gr_devil:

·
297kW User
1,928 Posts
Carpoint consumer reviews have never been worth the bandwidth it takes to view them. If you care enough, take a minute or two and write your own. Odds are you'll be the one who actually owns the car posting one. :p

·
Registered
494 Posts
I have always been a Furd guy. Hav and had many Mustangs. Finally got fed up when my V8 Taurus SHO spun a cam and blew the motor. This car is much more fun. I might have been tempted to return to the Furd fold if they had brought over the Aussie Falcon. That was a common thread on the V8 SHO list I was on. It is sad that they (and I) spent thousands of dollars to get that car into the 14's. Only a couple were in the 13's. I still have my V6 SHO, but this car is just a kick.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Regarding the first post: Why would someone go to a forum and tell everyone that he has no idea how to drive a car? Watta loser

Regarding the second post: Why would anyone even take the time to even post something like that? I think that I'll go post that the Viper is slow. Very pathetic

:drink::drink:

·
I hack cars.
8,111 Posts
Yeah I got tired of loosing to civics in my Corvette to so I traded it in for a Toyota Echo.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
:banghead: What are you doing posting a title like that! :slap: I thought you traded the goat in for Si! I'm thinking... What F*ck his he thinking!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts